Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Wwyd? Would you go ?

proudmomma

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 12:01 am
I saw a Chanukah event advertised and decided to RSVP. I received a confirmation email with free tickets for my family.
I hadn't really checked out the event details before and only once I got the email did I notice it included admission to a pretty pricey amusement park and other cool and expensive experiences.
I am not affiliated with the institution hosting the event at all. I requested tickets as a guest. My family is super excited to go but I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do.
I believe that they are renting out these venues ,so probably not paying per person.

I booked the tickets as guests which w as an available option on the menu form. I had initially thought it was a small Chanukah celebration with face paint, refreshments etc.
Now I'm feeling a bit guilty. Wwyd?

amother
Clematis

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 12:08 am
Go,
Enjoy have fun

amother
Eggshell

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 12:08 am
Do you mean this is through a non-profit, hosting an event for people affiliated with their organization? Maybe call them directly and ask them about it.

proudmomma

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 12:16 am
It's being run by a school.

seeker

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 12:17 am
Sounds awesome, where is this?

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 12:22 am
If it’s run by a school that you have no affiliation to, then I would call and explain how you RSVPd without realizing it wasn’t really a “public” event, but you are very excited to attend with your family and do they have an issue with you coming as guests. Be upfront and see what they say

I personally would not go unless I knew the school approved, as those free tickets are probably only meant to go to families involved with them. And renting out amusement parks etc may not cost per head, but there are limits to attendees and you could be taking the place of another family with a right to be there. Besides the food and other free items you will probably be receiving, I’d feel like I was stealing tbh

proudmomma

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 12:22 am
American Dream mall

proudmomma

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 12:25 am
Amother hotpink- those are my thoughts exactly . It's a huge institution with an endless list of options when I called. I had no clue who to talk to.

amother
Magnolia

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 12:27 am
You mean the public free event on Sunday? It doesn’t include tickets to any park. Unless you mean something else?

proudmomma

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 5:12 am
No, it's tonight. It's run by YU.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 7:15 am
proudmomma wrote:
No, it's tonight. It's run by YU.

I just looked it up. If you or dh (or one of dc) are YU faculty, it sounds good. If not, I'd check with them.

amother
Lily

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 8:09 am
I'd call and check. You don't want to show up with your family and get turned away because you don't have the right school ID. That would be way more disappointing for your kids.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 8:13 am
proudmomma wrote:
American Dream mall

There's being a free event for the public on Sunday.

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 10:11 am
proudmomma wrote:
Amother hotpink- those are my thoughts exactly . It's a huge institution with an endless list of options when I called. I had no clue who to talk to.
Can you email the account they used to send you info?

proudmomma

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 10:14 am
amother Bluebell wrote:
Can you email the account they used to send you info?

I did but so far no response

proudmomma

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 5:28 pm
Update
They replied to my email saying that it's only for people affiliated with YU.
My family is really disappointed. Anyone know of any events tonight?

amother
Magnolia

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 5:31 pm
proudmomma wrote:
Update
They replied to my email saying that it's only for people affiliated with YU.
My family is really disappointed. Anyone know of any events tonight?

Go to the one on sunday https://www.instagram.com/p/Cm.....hl=en
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette