Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Twins nicknames cute and work or way ridiculous
Previous  1  2  3

singsong

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 1:10 am
Why do you need nicknames decided in advance? They usually evolve naturally. I'm still called by a childhood nickname, which came about when a younger sibling couldn't pronounce my name. It stuck and I identify with it and it's "me".

Name your babies whatever you like, but please don't do rhyming or cutesie names for twins.

Golde

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 4:10 am
Meleich is a lovely name! Let it grow on you and see what you think in a while! My dc has an old person's name which I never thought I could give my child, let alone call them by. But it was important to name for a relative. Their name grew on me during the pregnancy and now I love it. It's a bit old fashioned but cool. It's also nice not to have the same name as several other children in the class. While the name itself is not unusual, it's not common for children their age.
The nickname of your child can come organically if need be.
IMO Meleich & Malya go very well together.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Dec 20 2022, 10:25 pm
Nicknames is something that comes with time... although ari and Mali is adorable.
I have b/g twins and they have completely different names/nicknames.
I'm currently expecting twins again, g/g and they will get completely different names.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 1:04 am
Beshaa tova, I hope you're feeling well.

It's ok to give a baby a grown-up name. He'll grow into it. A baby boy named Meilech is a whole lot better than a grown man being called Melli.

I do know sets of twins with related but not rhyming names - Hillel and Shammai, Ezra and Nechemia, that kind of thing.

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 1:17 am
Am I the only 1 that thinks rhyming names are cute for twins?

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 8:42 am
amother Nemesia wrote:

Obviously some people think it's cute because people do it. They wouldn't if they thought otherwise. I personally think it makes them sound like circus clowns.

amother
Snow

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 9:10 am
amother Nemesia wrote:

I love names that go together. I don't do official nicknames (ie, my kids go by full names in school and such) but for an at home cutesy nickname I'd totally do rhyming.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 25 2022, 3:53 pm
amother Ginger wrote:
Nicknames is something that comes with time... although ari and Mali is adorable.
I have b/g twins and they have completely different names/nicknames.
I'm currently expecting twins again, g/g and they will get completely different names.

OP:
WOW! bshaa tova! two sets of twins, amazing. Still pregnant and almost 37 weeks, I can't imagine doing this twice, this last month is a doozy, kudos to you what a bracha!!

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Dec 25 2022, 4:16 pm
There is no such a nane as Meilich, even in chassidish world. It's a nickname for Elimelech. Thing is generation in shtetl were not so learned so they might have given name meilich because that's what person was called and they knew no better. My gmom insisted her father's name was leizer, no such name. Whoever named after that great grandparent, asked a rav and name boy Eliezer.

Golde

Post Sun, Dec 25 2022, 4:25 pm
amother Scarlet wrote:
There is no such a nane as Meilich, even in chassidish world. It's a nickname for Elimelech. Thing is generation in shtetl were not so learned so they might have given name meilich because that's what person was called and they knew no better. My gmom insisted her father's name was leizer, no such name. Whoever named after that great grandparent, asked a rav and name boy Eliezer.

If OP has done her research, and Meilech is the name, well then that is the name.
We have a Leizer in the family, by the way. It is his name.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Sun, Dec 25 2022, 5:14 pm
Golde wrote:
If OP has done her research, and Meilech is the name, well then that is the name.
We have a Leizer in the family, by the way. It is his name.

This. Even if a name is "wrong," if you're naming after that person, that's the name you use. If there's a name Malka, why shouldn't there be a name Melech?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names