Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
How much to tip a seit?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 10:26 am
For nursery kid. She has dd for 2 hrs a day. And is in the classroom the entire day being with other girls as well. Flatbush school.

amother
Impatiens

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 11:10 am
I wanna give $200 for a man siet

amother
Mintcream

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 11:16 am
Minimum 36. Sounds like working hard with your child.

amother
Pistachio

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 11:19 am
I have a family member in the field. Anywhere between $20 and $50 is within the normal range. There are those that give more and those that give less. I gave $25 when my preschooler had a SEIT for 10 hrs /week in his headstart classroom. There were also 3 morahs to whom I gave the same. He had a para for the rest of the day, too; 2 different ones depending which day of the week. I gave them 20 each. He now has a male SEIT in his yeshivah and I'm giving 50.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 11:43 am
I gave 75 and wondering if it was enough. After reading the bus tipping thread I’m thinking it was too little. I know with rebbe and Morah to give at least 100.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 11:44 am
amother OP wrote:
I gave 75 and wondering if it was enough. After reading the bus tipping thread I’m thinking it was too little. I know with rebbe and Morah to give at least 100.

I do SETSS. 75 is in the higher range. When I get, it's usually get 30, 36, and 50... (but not everyone gives...)

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 11:56 am
amother Impatiens wrote:
I wanna give $200 for a man siet

I wouldn't differentiate based on male/female. I'd do it based on how closely he works with the student/time spent working with student.

amother
Mintcream

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 12:11 pm
That sounds perfect! Nice appreciative generous mom!

amother
Daisy

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 12:14 pm
As a seit I don’t expect anything, a small thank you card/ chocolate set was a kind gesture.

I give my child’s seit a smaller amount on a gift card but do something small throughout the year (Purim/ random surprise breakfast/ end of year, etc)

seeker

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 12:14 pm
Seits get paid decently so a gift is more of a symbol of appreciation. Once or twice I got $50ish but more standard is either $25 gift card or a physical gift such as a mug with nice chocolates. It is a good feeling to be remembered and I'm never counting or comparing cash values. Sure money is always nice but I'm not in what's considered an underpaid profession.

amother
DarkRed

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 12:19 pm
I gave $15. As mentioned, they get paid well. My son is also fairly well behaved. But if you have money, I don't think it hurts to give more.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 12:21 pm
amother DarkRed wrote:
I gave $15. As mentioned, they get paid well. My son is also fairly well behaved. But if you have money, I don't think it hurts to give more.

It's always appreciated!!! It shows you thought of the SEIT and value their work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics