Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Boro Park: Which store sells the best POTATO LATKES?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 17 2022, 9:24 pm
I don't own a food processor and don't like using my grate... which store in BP sells the best potato latkes?

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Dec 17 2022, 9:45 pm
None unfortunately

amother
Mayflower

Post Sat, Dec 17 2022, 10:04 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don't own a food processor and don't like using my grate... which store in BP sells the best potato latkes?

It depends on what kind of latke you like. Personally, I dont like the commercial doughy ones and prefer crispy latkes which is best if its homemade. But you can try Breadberry latkes (their website lists specialty latkes as well such as pulled beef lakte or pastrami latke, etc if you want to try something different).
Corner Cafe has latkes as well.
You can try from different stores and see what you like best. You can also get frozen potato pancakes and fry it on the stove top.

mha3484

Post Sat, Dec 17 2022, 10:12 pm
Trader joes which I am almost certain is repackaged golden brand are excellent. There is also a recipe using pre shredded potatoes from the grocery store. I never make latkes either.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sat, Dec 17 2022, 10:27 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
It depends on what kind of latke you like. Personally, I dont like the commercial doughy ones and prefer crispy latkes which is best if its homemade. But you can try Breadberry latkes (their website lists specialty latkes as well such as pulled beef lakte or pastrami latke, etc if you want to try something different).
Corner Cafe has latkes as well.
You can try from different stores and see what you like best. You can also get frozen potato pancakes and fry it on the stove top.

I tried the breadberry latkes. While they are probably the best commercial latkes, just take out the grater and shred 2 potatoes. You'll get 6 latkes and have a much better experience.

The Cavendish frozen hash brown potato patties are pretty good straight out of the oven.

amother
Mayflower

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 3:44 pm
Fallsberg Bagels in BP added a Latke Bar where customer can create their own authentic latke made from scratch in the store. If anyone tries it, please let us know if its good and worth going.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 7:51 am
So I tried Breadberry. They sell potato latkes and pastrami latkes. They taste a bit interesting, more like a pancake.

They also set up a latke bar where they sell homemade latkes that are authentic and delicious but pricey. Plain latke - size of frying pan basically - is 4.99. If you add any meat, it's 9.99

Did anyone try the latkes at fallsburg bagels? Any feedback?

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Dec 22 2022, 4:32 pm
Just came on here to say I was in fallsburg bagels and the worker was frying fresh latkes. It actually looked really good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics