Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Medicaid car service for non Medicaid psychiatrist

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 4:44 am
Good morning If I see a private psychiatrist (pay out of pocket) can I still get the free transportation or only when seeing doctors who accept Medicaid?

relaxation

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 5:07 am
I used for dentist and it was accepted

chany3

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 1:27 pm
I had some experience getting medicaid transportation to dr's even though they are being paid out of pocket. they should pay the trip as long as the Dr. is in the county you live, or if you have an out of county form (2020 form) they might pay for you to see a Dr. outside of your county.

amother
Begonia

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 1:39 pm
With Medicaid they will usually pay for anything/everything.

chany3

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 1:41 pm
amother Begonia wrote:
THATS NOT TRUE

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 2:13 pm
chany3 wrote:
I had some experience getting medicaid transportation to dr's even though they are being paid out of pocket. they should pay the trip as long as the Dr. is in the county you live, or if you have an out of county form (2020 form) they might pay for you to see a Dr. outside of your county.

Good
How do I get this out of county form?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 2:14 pm
relaxation wrote:
I used for dentist and it was accepted

Ty!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 2:15 pm
amother Begonia wrote:

Nah I needed treatment for something so badly they wouldn't cover

chany3

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 2:18 pm
amother OP wrote:
Good
How do I get this out of county form?

an out of county form is filled out and submitted to medicaid by your primary care physician, they will need to prove to the insurance that you need to go out of county to get your medical needs.
they will want to know what the reason for you going out of county is, are there no Psychiatrists in your area?

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 2:22 pm
amother Begonia wrote:

They dont cover root canals (back teeth) for adults, they refused to cover a foot brace someone needed or an mri or other things. I do believe that the system is overloaded (especially with all the illegal aliens coming in and getting medicaid automatically) and is not sustainable in the long run. They may either have to raise taxes to cover what they do cover or cut more services.

chany3

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 2:27 pm
amother Seashell wrote:
They dont cover root canals (back teeth) for adults, they refused to cover a foot brace someone needed or an mri or other things. I do believe that the system is overloaded (especially with all the illegal aliens coming in and getting medicaid automatically) and is not sustainable in the long run. They may either have to raise taxes to cover all this or cut more services.

to add on, they do not pay for any weight loss medication if you are not diabetic.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 31 2022, 8:17 pm
Thanx everyone! Is there a way to print the form instead of filling it out online ?
the dr secretary said she tried but it wouldn't let her log in or something and that she could only fill it out if I print it
I googled "2015 form" a few came up I'm not sure which is the right one and if it's even possible to do it that way (I called Medicaid but they just kept repeating "only a dr can do it"
Can anyone help ? ...

lemon1

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 2:25 am
My daughter is trying to get a psychiatrist for herself thru empire medicaid she is not being successful. Is there ever a time that medicaid reimburses out of network. She specifically wants trauma specifically.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 3:05 am
chany3 wrote:
an out of county form is filled out and submitted to medicaid by your primary care physician, they will need to prove to the insurance that you need to go out of county to get your medical needs.
they will want to know what the reason for you going out of county is, are there no Psychiatrists in your area?

Would they pay to go to this London Dr for prism glasses? If yes, I'm going with my son?!?! Would they if pediatrician recommends it? (Which he did)

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jan 23 2023, 6:35 am
amother Ruby wrote:
Would they pay to go to this London Dr for prism glasses? If yes, I'm going with my son?!?! Would they if pediatrician recommends it? (Which he did)

I would say not.
Why should they when there are Dr. That do prisms here.
I am in NYS and wanted a car to go to a Dr in the city that takes Medicaid and they denied it because it was out of county and there was no medical reason for getting a car service. Meaning my child was well enough to take public transportation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries