Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Debt Consolidation

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 11:27 am
My family and I are currently drowning in credit card debt due to medical issues. We’re finally able to start paying it back, but we’re trying to figure out the best way to do so. Has anyone worked with any debt consolidation companies in the past and if so, which would you recommend? What about debt forgiveness programs? I really don’t know where to start.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 11:40 am
I'm in similar situation. I posted here recently and did not get much feedback. Following your post as I hope you have better luck than me.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 12:25 pm
We used a frum guy based in Israel (where we live) to renegotiate/settle our debt with chase. Dh said afterwards that he could have done it on his own and the guy didn't have any specific methods etc, he just called chase for us, told them we can't pay, and worked out a deal. So no real advice, but have you tried calling the companies on your own?

Monsey

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 5:09 pm
I heard good feedback on TwoPointZero.
Negotiating on your balance will hurt your credit, but sometimes that’s the only option.
If you have most of the debt on one name and just a little on the other spouse name, you might want to pay that in full to still be able to get a lease or buy a house.

amother
Eggplant

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 6:46 pm
Following 😬

ellacoe

Post Wed, Dec 28 2022, 9:56 pm
I have referred clients to Angels of Debt and they have been happy with the results.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 3:36 pm
ellacoe wrote:
I have referred clients to Angels of Debt and they have been happy with the results.

Thank you! As a long time member of this site, I value your input.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics