Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Asking for a break

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 8:43 am
Do camps ever give breaks to anyone?
My daughter was accepted to a camp and it's really hard for us to afford. I'm wondering if anyone ever asks for a discount. (everything would help)

amother
Tealblue

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 8:46 am
Backyard camp? Never heard of a break. Daycamp or sleep away? Totally. Worth asking. Especially if you work full time and camp is a necessity

amother
Jean

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 8:47 am
As far as I know, most don't. It's not really a necessity (to attend camp) and they have enough applicants that they don't feel the need. There are cheaper camps though (Bnos Ruach Chaim comes to mind). Hatzlacha!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 8:51 am
sleepaway camp
I do work full time and view it as a semi-necessity

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 8:55 am
Would you look into day camp instead of sleep away camp? Id assume its cheaper.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 8:55 am
I think many camps give a little bit off just for asking, I have asked and gotten several hundred off. Dh and I both work full time.

To get more you need to get more aggressive and I was always uncomfortable doing that.

amother
Firethorn

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 8:56 am
amother OP wrote:
sleepaway camp
I do work full time and view it as a semi-necessity

Camps give breaks, and there are also organizations that give scholarships. I don’t know if any offhand, but you can ask if there are any organizations in your neighborhood that help, and you can definitely call the camp and ask them about a discount.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 9:05 am
amother Peachpuff wrote:
I think many camps give a little bit off just for asking, I have asked and gotten several hundred off. Dh and I both work full time.

To get more you need to get more aggressive and I was always uncomfortable doing that.

Thank you for this.
I just need to be brave and call. I'm not aggressive and wouldn't be comfortable, but even a little bit off will help.

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 9:06 am
Just call and ask. Also a lot of camps will be willing to work out some type of installment payments rather than lump some

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 9:09 am
amother Obsidian wrote:
Just call and ask. Also a lot of camps will be willing to work out some type of installment payments rather than lump some

That would also help....thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps