Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How to stop new towels from shedding

MrsLeo

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 5:30 pm
I just bought new bath towels and ran them thru a washer and dryer cycle like it says on the label but every time I use them I end up with towel fibers all over and I feel like I have to take another shower to get it off. Is this normal for new towels? How do I get them to stop shedding?

greenfire

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 6:24 pm
normal for new towels ... you gotta wash them and wash them and wash them ... some towels are better than others ... but that lint is annoying till they're gone ...

Mommastuff

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 10:30 pm
I just got new towels and like the instuctions said, I washed it before first use. Well, my nice fluffy new towels became linty, pilly and some of the stitching came loose. I guess they were (obviously) of bad quality material.

I don't think my other (better) towels did that. You get what you pay for! I'm hoping that these newer towels won't leave lint all over me!

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jun 12 2008, 10:36 pm
I don't think I ever had that problem, but I once bought terry to make my daughter a robe and the quality was lousy and that's what happened.

louche

Post Fri, Jun 13 2008, 8:22 am
You can't stop new towels from shedding any more than you can stop your new haircut from growing out. It's gonna happen no matter what. It happens even with top-quality hotel-supply towels as well as with cheaper ones. If you're really bothered by the lint you can run the towels through several wash cycles before use, but that's a huge waste of resources.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics