Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Who wants to join me in weight loss accountability?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 3:15 pm
Anyone ready to start today? We post every day what we ate, and do weekly weigh in, reveal how much weight we lost that week, not how much we weigh. 😉
Who’s in?

[Trigger warning: if this is not for you, please move on without reading. Thank you. - mod]

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 3:52 pm
I’m in, I like the accountability aspect of it!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 3:53 pm
amother Indigo wrote:
Can we make it into an actual contest?

Meaning?

amother
Grape

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 4:07 pm
I was actually thinking of starting such a thread!

I'd like to be in but I don't want to post what I eat every day. I'd rather just share if I met my goals for the day. Ex. I stuck to my food plan, drank 8 cups of water, exercised 30 min. etc.

amother
Canary

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 4:10 pm
I know this is going to anger people, but weight loss contests are a disaster. They encourage disordered eating and a disordered relationship with food and body image. Even if you know you're using this in a safe and healthy way, the chances that another ima on this thread has an actual eating disorder and you're contributing to something that's fueling it are not low.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 4:12 pm
amother Canary wrote:
I know this is going to anger people, but weight loss contests are a disaster. They encourage disordered eating and a disordered relationship with food and body image. Even if you know you're using this in a safe and healthy way, the chances that another ima on this thread has an actual eating disorder and you're contributing to something that's fueling it are not low.

We can’t worry about every single person who may misuse or misunderstand this thread. We have a right to go ahead with it if we think it will help us.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 4:13 pm
amother Grape wrote:
I was actually thinking of starting such a thread!

I'd like to be in but I don't want to post what I eat every day. I'd rather just share if I met my goals for the day. Ex. I stuck to my food plan, drank 8 cups of water, exercised 30 min. etc.

Ok, I don’t have a problem with it if others don’t
Those who want to be accountable and write what they eat can find it helpful to look over in case something isn’t working well

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 4:14 pm
Would love to join!! I'm pregnant tho so I'm not exactly looking to lose weight... just don't want to gain weight rn (very early pregnancy). I'm trying so hard to eat healthy but I'm missing the accountability.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 4:15 pm
Pregnant too would love to join😬😬😬 we should make a pregnancy contest who didn’t eat 3 suppers at night or who didn’t eat a whole kokosh cake 🤪

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 4:17 pm
amother Cerise wrote:
Would love to join!! I'm pregnant tho so I'm not exactly looking to lose weight... just don't want to gain weight rn (very early pregnancy). I'm trying so hard to eat healthy but I'm missing the accountability.

So should we start tonight?
Tomorrow is a fast which will help those of us who fast 🙂

amother
Blueberry

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 4:17 pm
I'm in!
What kind of diet are you planning on following op?

amother
Hyssop

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 4:19 pm
amother Canary wrote:

Thanks.
I was going to say this but Im too chicken.

amother
Grape

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 5:12 pm
I'm on Weight Watchers and started Sunday. Hope it's okay!

I like my amother name, though I'm trying not eat too much fruit. Wink

amother
Tanzanite

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 6:15 pm
Maybe I’ll join… I think my portions are generally too large even though I try to be careful with what I eat.
I gained 9 pounds since last winter and even though I always wanted to lose a few pounds, now I’m just aiming for those 9 pounds to come off. This week I decided that I’m trying to drink a cup of water before, during after my meals. I’m also trying to stop eating early in the evening. I generally follow the weight watchers program but they have zero point food that I know I eat too much of… I’m trying but it’s so hard.

amother
Lotus

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 6:15 pm
amother Cerise wrote:

Me too. I desperately need to loose weight. And just found out I'm pregnant this week! But I really need to lose.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 6:28 pm
I had fettucini alfredo today and a waffle with ice cream nutella and white chocolate- I looked up the calories and it's in the thousands lol
would love to join!

amother
Tanzanite

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 6:43 pm
amother Firebrick wrote:
I had fettucini alfredo today and a waffle with ice cream nutella and white chocolate- I looked up the calories and it's in the thousands lol
would love to join!

Yum 🤤

amother
Dahlia

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 6:48 pm
amother Tanzanite wrote:
Maybe I’ll join… I think my portions are generally too large even though I try to be careful with what I eat.
I gained 9 pounds since last winter and even though I always wanted to lose a few pounds, now I’m just aiming for those 9 pounds to come off. This week I decided that I’m trying to drink a cup of water before, during after my meals. I’m also trying to stop eating early in the evening. I generally follow the weight watchers program but they have zero point food that I know I eat too much of… I’m trying but it’s so hard.

Just wanted to comment on the bolded. It is known that drinking during meals isn’t recommended. It’s best to drink before you eat and 20 min after you finish eating. This helps with digestion.

amother
Rainbow

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 6:50 pm
amother Lotus wrote:
Me too. I desperately need to loose weight. And just found out I'm pregnant this week! But I really need to lose.

were in the same boat!!
but not in the mood of starting a diet now....dont want to bring the nausea on.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 02 2023, 8:08 pm
amother Blueberry wrote:
I'm in!
What kind of diet are you planning on following op?

High protein, very low carb, keto type
Page 1 of 9   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise