Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Public transportation to Masada, Ein Gedi, and Yam Hamelach

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 01 2023, 8:35 pm
Are there public buses that go to these places, including near a separate beach at yam hamelach (without joining an organized tour)?

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Jan 01 2023, 8:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
Are there public buses that go to these places, including near a separate beach at yam hamelach (without joining an organized tour)?

.I do believe one can get to the separate beach at Yam Hemelech via taking a bus from the Jerusalem central bus station.

Frum Tour Guide

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 2:42 am
You could take buses there but I believe it will be hard to get in all 3 in one day by public transportation.
(I've actually never taken public transportation all the way to the separate beach at Ein Bokek so I'm not sure if the bus goes that far.)

Elfrida

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 4:25 am
There are buses that go to all of these places from Yerushalayim, but getting from one to the other in the same day is going to take a lot of time. The buses only run every hour or so.

Bear in mind that it's getting dark early now, and both Ein Gedi and Masada will have final admissions at least an hour before sunset. The details will be on their website, but probably about 3:30 at this time of year. You want to be at Yam HaMelach during the daylight, so you'll have very little time to spare at each site.

scintilla

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 4:29 am
I looked into it once a few years ago, and I doubt it has changed. It is available but you can't do it all in one day with only public transportation, schedules wise. We ended up going on a tour and it was cheaper than taxis between each place or renting a car. I think it was Hoffman tours. But that was just me and one other person, numbers would probably be different with a family.

DrMom

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 4:30 am
Even with a car it would be difficult to truly enjoy all 3 places in one day, esp in winter when it gets dark so early.

Consider renting a car or staying overnight nearby at one of those locations (Masada Youth Hostel, Ein Gedi hotels or youth hostel, or a hotel in Ein Bokek) and renting a cab or joining a tour that includes transportation.

DVOM

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 4:55 am
We're planning on going to all those locations via public transportation, but not in one day. Go on the Egged website for bus numbers and times from the central bus station in Jerusalem.

Hoffman tours was 120$ a person, so 700$ for my family of 6. Way out of budget!

We're planning on getting the Israel pass card, which gives you a nice discount on national parks if you go to more than 3 over the course of your trip and combined with your rav-kav card gives even deeper savings.

For us the travel is part of the adventure.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 7:30 am
I did all three in one day using public buses BUT it was in the summer time, when shkiya was much later, so it gave us more time....

DrMom

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 7:40 am
amother Lilac wrote:
I did all three in one day using public buses BUT it was in the summer time, when shkiya was much later, so it gave us more time....

It's also HOT and hence more exhausting in the Dead Sea area in the summer. I'm not sure how much of that extra daylight is usable time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics