Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Arizona vs panama

where would you rather go and why
panama  
 66%  [ 14 ]
arizona  
 33%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 21

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 1:55 pm
has anyone been to both and can explain to me the pros and cons of both places. what the differences and similarities are.

I am planning a vacation in the end of feb mid march for dh and myself. dh would love to go to arizona while my eyes are on panama. its the first time since my wedding that we will be flying together for a vaca so I would want to go all out!!

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 1:58 pm
Hard to compare because I was in Panama recently and Arizona 20+ years ago but... Panama gets my vote!!! Much more interesting and unique and way more kosher food too

doctorima

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 2:20 pm
Panama, no question!

tichellady

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 2:24 pm
depends where you will go in panama and arizona. the grand canyon, sedona etc are spectacular but you will have to bring your own food I think or get from phoenix. arizona will be easy to rent a car and drive, kosher is easy in phoenix/scottsdale, everyone speaks english etc. you can stay in a nice hotel with a spa or find an airbnb with a jacuzzi

panama city is not a beautiful city. there is a lot of kosher food. I would not rent a car. it helps to speak some spanish. the weather is humid. you can go to the mountains or the ocean but there will be less kosher food than panama city.
if you can spend the money you can hire a guide to take you to different places and you can sleep in panama city. if you want to be alone and not have a guide then it would make sense to stay in a different place like boquete or bocas del toro. check when the rainy season is

Zahava94

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 2:58 pm
If you are already seasoned travelers looking to expand your horizons, then I'd say Panama. But if not, Arizona will likely offer a less stressful travel experience, where you can easily get around and spend more time enjoying the vacation as opposed to worrying about foreign country related issues.

Another big factor is what you plan on actually doing on your vacation. If you're idea was to spend time on a beach, Arizona isn't exactly the right place to go.

You'll be able to find all the kosher food you'll need either way. So prioritize what you want to do, decide if you're up for international travel or not, and then see what makes the most sense.

amother
Petunia

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 10:16 pm
are the hotels in Panama city on the beach? Is it safe to walk around in Panama City? How far are the mountains and sightseeing if you stay in Panama City?

motherqueen

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 10:26 pm
I heard it’s like Mexico…

tichellady

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 11:20 pm
amother Petunia wrote:
are the hotels in Panama city on the beach? Is it safe to walk around in Panama City? How far are the mountains and sightseeing if you stay in Panama City?

no, panama city is not on the beach. we stayed in boquete for part of the trip where the mountains are. I think you can do day trips from panama city to some mountains and beaches but it will be somewhat shleppy

tichellady

Post Tue, Jan 03 2023, 11:29 pm
motherqueen wrote:
I heard it’s like Mexico…

I don't know what this means. both are spanish speaking countries with jewish communities. mexico and panama are both countries with many cities and cultural experiences that could be similar or very different. mexico city is beautiful with many museums, very easy to walk around, etc. panama city is not beautiful in my opinion. there are beach towns in mexico and there are beach towns in panama but panama city is not a beach town

amother
Brass

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 12:28 am
amother OP wrote:
has anyone been to both and can explain to me the pros and cons of both places. what the differences and similarities are.

I am planning a vacation in the end of feb mid march for dh and myself. dh would love to go to arizona while my eyes are on panama. its the first time since my wedding that we will be flying together for a vaca so I would want to go all out!!

I've been to both. Loved both. But they're completely different. I found Arizona more scenic and relaxing, although we did do some adventurous attractions. Panama is a cultural experience. The food was great. The attractions were all nice, but nothing that awesome like in Arizona.

motherqueen

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 11:57 am
tichellady wrote:
I don't know what this means. both are spanish speaking countries with jewish communities. mexico and panama are both countries with many cities and cultural experiences that could be similar or very different. mexico city is beautiful with many museums, very easy to walk around, etc. panama city is not beautiful in my opinion. there are beach towns in mexico and there are beach towns in panama but panama city is not a beach town

as in its very low class

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 11:59 am
Panama because I have been in Arizona already…

tichellady

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 12:16 pm
motherqueen wrote:
as in its very low class

that's not a very nice thing to say nor does it make any sense

sequoia

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 12:26 pm
motherqueen wrote:
as in its very low class

You sound low-class right now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics