Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Brooklyn Day Camps for 4 year old boys in kindergarten

bumpkin2

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 8:54 am
Looking for a full-day day camp for my boys for the summer. They are in a litvish yeshiva now, and we'd like to put them in a camp with boys/families of a similar yeshivish background. I don't want my kids in an environment where others will be bringing game boys and be talking about devices and TV. We would like to have at least 9-4 hours and ideally transportation option.

I've seen advertisements for Camp Rena, Chaim, Ruach, Yedidim, and others. Does anyone have background on any of these (or a list of others) to help us make a more informed decision? Also pricing, etc?

Last edited by bumpkin2 on Thu, Jan 05 2023, 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mintcream

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 9:03 am
Chaim and yedidim more of a yeshivish crowd. I sent to chaim last year and had no complaints. My boys were very happy.

bumpkin2

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 9:12 am
amother Mintcream wrote:
Chaim and yedidim more of a yeshivish crowd. I sent to chaim last year and had no complaints. My boys were very happy.

What are the hours by Chaim? Do they go on trips, do swimming, art, any learning?

amother
Mintcream

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 9:29 am
bumpkin2 wrote:
What are the hours by Chaim? Do they go on trips, do swimming, art, any learning?

Not sure on all the details. The camp office is very helpful I called last year with a bunch of questions and they answered them all.

amother
Stone

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 12:54 pm
bumpkin2 wrote:

Chaim Day Camp is your best option. I've worked there and I send my son there.
Hours are 9-4:30. They give breakfast, lunch and snack. They have transportation.
The preschool program is amazing and extremely well run. They have cute themes, and do a&c, baking, swimming, fun activities like carnivals etc. It's really an action packed fun filled day.
Trips are once a week.
I don't think they have a learning rebbe in kindergarten, but I think they have a morah who comes a few times a week to teach parsha and stuff like that.

mha3484

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 12:56 pm
I think the learning with a rebbe in most camps starts the summer after pre1a once they are considered in elementary school. Preschool does not really do that as far as I know.

bumpkin2

Post Thu, Jan 26 2023, 11:34 am
Does anyone have the updated contact details for Chaim Daycamp?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps