Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
EICP tuition credit - philly

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 9:55 am
Hi! I think this is what it’s called, but would love to hear more about the city-sponsored tuition credits. The official site is a bit confusing to me. Practically, how much does this take off of your tuition?

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, Dec 27 2022, 10:33 am
amother OP wrote:
Hi! I think this is what it’s called, but would love to hear more about the city-sponsored tuition credits. The official site is a bit confusing to me. Practically, how much does this take off of your tuition?

Oh my gosh I keep meaning to post this question!
Also wanted to know what the income cut off is

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Jan 04 2023, 11:51 pm
I live in Philly and I'm wondering this too. It's really not straight forward. My understanding is that the credit goes to the Foundation for Jewish Day Schools which then disburses it to the schools based on eligibility (there's a scholarship application which you need to fill out) which is based on income and school district.
That being said I think the schools have a different formula for the total scholarship amount, meaning if someone is not eligible for the full credit they can still get a scholarship through the school. Overall I find the tuition to be affordable, however I don't have anything else to compare it to.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 12:04 am
amother DarkYellow wrote:
I live in Philly and I'm wondering this too. It's really not straight forward. My understanding is that the credit goes to the Foundation for Jewish Day Schools which then disburses it to the schools based on eligibility (there's a scholarship application which you need to fill out) which is based on income and school district.
That being said I think the schools have a different formula for the total scholarship amount, meaning if someone is not eligible for the full credit they can still get a scholarship through the school. Overall I find the tuition to be affordable, however I don't have anything else to compare it to.

what is the tuition there?

amother
DarkYellow

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 11:49 am
amother Red wrote:
what is the tuition there?

We pay about 4k a kid. Our income is around 120k, we have 4 kids.

amother
Moccasin

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 12:42 pm
I live in Philly. The money goes to the schools and they decide how much to give off based on income. I pay almost nothing for the elementary school. Last year the high school charged us nothing, but this year we pay more there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating