Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Ave N and Ocean Ave new traffic pattern and bike rack!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 7:55 pm
Please call 311 and your local councilmember to protest!!!!!!
Inna Vernikov District Office
2401 Avenue U
Brooklyn, NY 11229
718-368-9176 phone
There is a new traffic pattern at Ave N and Ocean Ave, so that its all walk at the same time. It created so much traffic coming down Ave N towards Ocean Ave, sometimes its back up all the way to Ocean pkwy. Now, they took away 3-4 parking spots on Ave N corner Ocean Ave for a bike rack, which besides for taking away parking spots, also makes the street narrower. Its ridiculous, and its clear that the ppl that makes these changes don't live in the neighborhood. The sidewalk over there is very wide and could have easily accommodated a bike rack should there have been a need for one, but to take away parking spots...ludicrous!!
Please make a call or do something so that we can change this!!

GLUE

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 8:11 pm
I thought the goal of Vision zero is to make driving impossible so everyone gives up their cars.

amother
Latte

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 8:15 pm
I live nearby and was wondering why ave n traffic had increased recently.
I was aware of the traffic light change but didn't know it was making a difference
I thought it was because of the yeshiva nearby and hatzala was there as well...
Also the bike rack I thought was for the yeshiva..

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 8:21 pm
amother Latte wrote:
I live nearby and was wondering why ave n traffic had increased recently.
I was aware of the traffic light change but didn't know it was making a difference
I thought it was because of the yeshiva nearby and hatzala was there as well...
Also the bike rack I thought was for the yeshiva..

The yeshiva is on East 19th and N, and the bike rack is across Ave N at the corner of Ocean Ave. And since when does the city do positive things for our yeshivos!! I highly doubt its for them, or it would have been placed much closer to the yeshiva.

amother
Electricblue

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 8:27 pm
I agree their goal is that we should all be bicycling and put our kids in attached wagons. They keep on making traffic "calming" measures. Whatever they call it's the opposite in reality, and it creates more traffic. While all our cars are stuck in traffic, the e bikes scoot right by , (silently so if you are a pedestrian you don't hear them coming)and completely flout the traffic laws.

GLUE

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 8:34 pm
amother Electricblue wrote:
I agree their goal is that we should all be bicycling and put our kids in attached wagons. They keep on making traffic "calming" measures. Whatever they call it's the opposite in reality, and it creates more traffic. While all our cars are stuck in traffic, the e bikes scoot right by , (silently so if you are a pedestrian you don't hear them coming)and completely flout the traffic laws.

Don't worry, if the biker does something illegal and you hit him\her mostly because you could not see\hear them it's all your fault. More prof that we need to get cars off the road says the bikers.

GLUE

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 8:52 pm
A few months ago on CityLab in one of the articles on Vision zero it mention a plan to put in bike racks at the end of blocks so people will not park there and there will be better visibility to see on coming traffic.

Expect bike racks on more corners.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Thu, Jan 05 2023, 8:55 pm
GLUE wrote:
A few months ago on CityLab in one of the articles on Vision zero it mention a plan to put in bike racks at the end of blocks so people will not park there and there will be better visibility to see on coming traffic.

Expect bike racks on more corners.

I saw they put on ocean parkway and 18 service road corner and east 2 and 18 corner.
I was wondering why they took up 2 parking spots in a place that there already isn’t enough parking. And they could have easily put the ocean parkway one by the bike lane.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries