Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
2 year old suddenly needs less sleep?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 7:02 am
My son turned two recently and literally that week he started sleeping much less. He used to sleep 12-13 hours a night plus a 2 hour nap. Now he’s sleeping 10/11 hours a night and we’ve been waking him up from his nap after an hour because he wasn’t falling asleep at night. He used to fall asleep in minutes and now it’s taking him sometimes 45 minutes to an hour . And even with going to sleep much later he’s still waking up an hour earlier. He’s not ready to skip his nap- we tried it one day and he couldn’t make it. And it doesn’t make sense to literally change from one day to the next…. Or does it?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 10:53 am
Bump

amother
Candycane

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 10:57 am
Yes. I had one child that turned 2 in the beginning of the school year.
I kept child home since I wasn’t working but I was relying on that child being like my other children but guess what.
This child decided just around age 2 that they don’t need that much sleep. Child stopped napping mostly because when they napped this child didn’t go to sleep at night until 10-11 o’clock. So a nap was only for very desperate days.
Yes it was a very loooong year with no down time.
Child was also a very active child.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 11:05 am
I just can’t understand going from needing 13-14 hours of sleep a day to around 11 hours. That’s a big difference. And if I try to skip a nap he’ll fall asleep standing up by 3 or 4 pm.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics