Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
How do you keep chicken soup hot
Previous  1  2  3  4

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 12:14 pm
Wrapping in some towels or a blanket before shabbos just after it’s taken off the heat has worked well for me.

pause

Post Fri, Jan 06 2023, 12:29 pm
I used to put my soup in the oven on Shabbos mode. Someone made me aware that there are serious halachic shailos of chillul Shabbos even when using Shabbos mode. I called the kashrus company who gives the heshcher on the Shabbos mode feature, and they clarified for me that the way I was using my oven, for years, was assur.

PSA: If you rely on Shabbos mode, make the call to find out if there are any restrictions on how to use it correctly.

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 11:14 am
amother Offwhite wrote:
Fyi, I don't know about OP, but many people hold by Rav Moshe Feinstein that timers can only be used on Shabbos to turn things on and off for lights. Of course, many do not. But there are definitely people for whom using a timer isn't a solution they can use.

Not using a timer is also a fire hazard.

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 11:16 am
amother Amber wrote:
I put an insulated cover over soup made for hot plate just place over large soup( not wrapped just over ) bring to boil and right before light candles I turn of soup cover and stays boiling for a long time!Something like Yair Emanuel Insulated Shabbat Hot Plate Cover, Patchwork and Embroidery - Silver can find at judaica store or prob even Amazon

Hot plate covers are also fire hazards. Even if they are made for a hot plate. You should never cover any electric item plugged in.

amother
Amber

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 7:30 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Hot plate covers are also fire hazards. Even if they are made for a hot plate. You should never cover any electric item plugged in.
sorry I wrote it wrong I don’t use with a hot plate I use instead of hot plate , just turn off fire and cover on regular stove top

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 7:36 pm
I turn off the stove right before candle lighting and cover the soup in a blanket plus towels. It stays piping hot for hours.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note