Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Which is most important in a stroller?
1  2  Next

In your experience, which of the following is most important in a stroller (for a newborn and up)
Big wheels  
 31%  [ 15 ]
Light weight  
 37%  [ 18 ]
One handed fold and one handed open  
 16%  [ 8 ]
Easy buckle / unbuckle  
 6%  [ 3 ]
One hand to recline and one hand to unrecline  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Car seat can attach  
 8%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 48

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 4:10 pm
In your experience, which of the following is most important in a stroller (for a newborn and up)? Sadly the perfect stroller does not exist, I am trying to figure out how to prioritize and thought some experienced imas could weigh in. Options:
- Big wheels
- Light weight (e.g., less than 20 pounds or even lighter)
- One handed fold and one handed open
- Easy buckle / unbuckle (e.g., 4 buckles to connect vs. two buckles)
- One hand to recline and one hand to unrecline
- Car seat can attach
Feel free to elaborate on your choice in the comments, or use the comments to choose more than one option.
Thank you!!!

imaima

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 4:13 pm
amother OP wrote:
In your experience, which of the following is most important in a stroller (for a newborn and up)? Sadly the perfect stroller does not exist, I am trying to figure out how to prioritize and thought some experienced imas could weigh in. Options:
- Big wheels
- Car seat can attach
Feel free to elaborate on your choice in the comments, or use the comments to choose more than one option.
Thank you!!!

It depends on your needs!

Comfort and safety for both mom and baby seem non negotiable though

amother
Poppy

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 4:15 pm
Safety and a nice and smooth push

amother
Zinnia

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 4:26 pm
I have 3:

Smooth wheels
Space in basket/hang on handle
One handed fold OR not too faffy.

SG18

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 4:50 pm
Roomy basket (not listed as an option) was my top requirement
Then easy buckle/unbuckle

DrMom

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 5:40 pm
I prioritize:
- Safety (of course)
- Easy and smooth seat recline
- Nice full shade (not skimpy)
- Must be smooth and ergonomically comfortable to push
- Lightweight and easily maneuverable, not too wide
- Roomy basket underneath

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 5:41 pm
Big wheels and a smooth ride because I'm in Israel where sidewalks are made of bricks and we walk ALOT.

Hence number two is my big basket.

I rarely take my stroller in a car or cab so I don't care if it's hard to fold.

DrMom

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 5:46 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Big wheels and a smooth ride because I'm in Israel where sidewalks are made of bricks and we walk ALOT.

Hence number two is my big basket.

I rarely take my stroller in a car or cab so I don't care if it's hard to fold.

Same. I'm 100x more likely to have to schlepp it up a flights of stairs with a sleeping baby in it than to have to fold it up into a car.

amother
Wallflower

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 6:00 pm
I can't answer the poll because for different lifestyles, different things are more important.
Before I had a car, big wheels, easy push, comfortable and a big basket was most important. It had to be relatively light but for instance my mountain buggy duet was light to push but heavy to lift, but it didn't matter as I wasn't lifting it much.
Now I have a car, easy fold and light are more important because I'm putting the stroller in and out the car the whole time.
But an easy buckle and easy recline are important regardless. It doesn't have to be one handed recline, it just has to be that I can recline the seat when the child has fallen asleep and I don't wake them up. Although now that I think about it, they are usually a one handed recline. And when you have a child who is wriggling, there's nothing worse than trying to line up all the buckles to be able to strap them in.
The one thing I have always put at the bottom of my list of priorities is the car seat attaching. The baby only uses a group 0 car seat for such a short time relatively that I don't see that it matters that much.

amother
Plum

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 6:35 pm
It depends a lot on your lifestyle.

When I lived on a second floor, easy fold and light weight was most important.

When I moved to a town where I drove everywhere, carseat click in was most important, followed by small fold for car space.

My parents live in a town with awful sidewalks so the siblings collectively leave a stroller with big wheels there.

amother
Diamond

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 6:47 pm
If you use a car and you walk a lot you will probably want 2 strollers. One lightweight easy to fold that snaps in a car seat (honestly you can just buy some sort of snap n go for this). If you get a doona then that would fill this requirement. The other with big wheels and a smooth push.

amother
Bergamot

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 7:23 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
If you use a car and you walk a lot you will probably want 2 strollers. One lightweight easy to fold that snaps in a car seat (honestly you can just buy some sort of snap n go for this). If you get a doona then that would fill this requirement. The other with big wheels and a smooth push.

Doesn’t the baby grow out of the doona at some point though?

amother
Fern

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 7:27 pm
I don't know if anyone wrote this, but a huge factor is how wide the stroller is. A narrow stroller is so much easier to maneuver in a crowd, store or narrow sidewalk, & also fits better in the house.

amother
Wine

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 7:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
- Big wheels
- Car seat can attach
Thank you!!!

For me, storage space underneath is VERY important.
I needed a new car seat when I had my baby. I really wanted to get just a car seat and a snap n go, but Amazon wouldn’t deliver in time and the store my husband went to didn’t have it. I ended up getting a stroller that’s a frame with a car seat, bassinet, and regular seat. (I don’t even know what it’s called, but it’s a graco) It’s perfect for what I need. It’s not one hand fold but it’s easy enough. It’s super lightweight although I don’t know officially how much it weighs. The back wheels are bigger than the front ones, and it pushes very nicely and smoothly. I haven’t used the bassinet yet or the seat, but I can’t imagine either one is too difficult or complicated.

giftedmom

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 7:42 pm
Really depends on your lifestyle! I have one stroller for walking and another one for travel.

amother
Crimson

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 7:44 pm
Adjustable handle suitable for a tall person
Parent facing seat
Going over uneven terrain doesn’t wake up my baby

So far I’m fine with Bugaboo and Silver Cross

amother
Crimson

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 7:45 pm
Double post

amother
Leaf

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 10:07 pm
amother Fern wrote:
I don't know if anyone wrote this, but a huge factor is how wide the stroller is. A narrow stroller is so much easier to maneuver in a crowd, store or narrow sidewalk, & also fits better in the house.

This is a big consideration for me together with big wheels and lightweight. Also as someone else posted parent-facing option is non-negotiable though today's days most strollers have that option, as opposed to fifteen years ago when I was buying for my oldest.

I have a separate snap'n'go so I don't care about car seat attachment. I don't mind two-handed fold as long as it's not too complicated. Same with recline/unrecline, of course I prefer one handed, but it wouldn't make me not take a stroller that is otherwise narrow but smooth ride (big wheels) and doesn't weigh too much.

amother
Diamond

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 10:23 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
Doesn’t the baby grow out of the doona at some point though?
Sure but not til they’re at least a year and there are plenty of lightweight strollers that are great for older babies

amother
Puce

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 10:25 pm
Nuna triv meets all your needs except the big wheels. Big wheels are a contradiction to it being lightweight and easy to fold. I have the triv and I am so happy with it. Watch the videos of it on the magic beans website.

Other nice features - very generous basket. Can have the carriage (or car seat) face both ways, adjusting height handle, very nice looking. Btw the wheels are surprisingly durable and very smooth ride even though they are not big.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics