Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
ISO High School Girls Entrance Exam info
Previous  1  2

keym

Post Mon, Dec 26 2022, 6:30 pm
amother Birch wrote:
I was just at a Channuka party and according to the peanut gallery I heard these unconfirmed rumors:

1)There are 175 more girls then school seats

2)Bais Fagia, Bnos Melch, & Nemass started taking applicants now

3)Orchas Chaim & Nachlass are starting a High School

Any truce in any of them?

I'm going to respond to what I know

2) Bnos Melech, Bais Faiga, Shiras Deborah and Bais Shaindel usually start early with the girls currently in the corresponding elementary school. (I'm assuming the Sefardic school also). They want to see how many of their current 8th graders plan on continuing into 9th grade and how many available slots they have.
Additionally, other schools may start talking to or interviewing siblings, again to see how many available slots there are.

3) I've heard rumors that Nachalas was planning on opening a high school. However, if they haven't put out formal advertisements by now, 3 weeks before the entrance exam, I'd be skeptical that they plan on opening for this upcoming year. But who knows.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Mon, Dec 26 2022, 6:34 pm
amother Birch wrote:
I was just at a Channuka party and according to the peanut gallery I heard these unconfirmed rumors:

Nachlas is not opening just yet. They are starting to build so will be another few years at least.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Mon, Dec 26 2022, 6:35 pm
keym wrote:
I'm going to respond to what I know

2) Bnos Melech, Bais Faiga, Shiras Deborah and Bais Shaindel usually start early with the girls currently in the corresponding elementary school. (I'm assuming the Sefardic school also). They want to see how many of their current 8th graders plan on continuing into 9th grade and how many available slots they have.
Additionally, other schools may start talking to or interviewing siblings, again to see how many available slots there are.

3) I've heard rumors that Nachalas was planning on opening a high school. However, if they haven't put out formal advertisements by now, 3 weeks before the entrance exam, I'd be skeptical that they plan on opening for this upcoming year. But who knows.

Nachlas announced it won’t be ready for this years 6th or 7th grade. They don’t have a date yet. They barely have permits for the building so will be a while.

amother
Strawberry

Post Mon, Dec 26 2022, 8:01 pm
amother Birch wrote:

Last year every bnos orchos chaim girl got in first round. I also heard from R mandelbaum then, myself, that he is not interested in opening one especially as long as his girls are getting in other places because it's very complicated.

And none of the parents there have heard such a thing either.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Dec 26 2022, 9:21 pm
keym wrote:
Bnos Melech, Bais Faiga, Shiras Deborah and Bais Shaindel usually start early with the girls currently in the corresponding elementary school. (I'm assuming the Sefardic school also). They want to see how many of their current 8th graders plan on continuing into 9th grade and how many available slots they have.

Many high schools start doing sibling applications in advance, as well as their own student applications (for those elementary schools that have a high school affiliated with them). As you said, this tells them how many slots they will have for new students. I know that last year BK did advance applications for siblings. DD had her interview there even before the entrance exam.

amother
Obsidian

Post Mon, Dec 26 2022, 9:40 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Many high schools start doing sibling applications in advance, as well as their own student applications (for those elementary schools that have a high school affiliated with them). As you said, this tells them how many slots they will have for new students. I know that last year BK did advance applications for siblings. DD had her interview there even before the entrance exam.

Does Bais Shaindel do siblings early as well (not girls from brr)

amother
Marigold

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 11:10 pm
Lakewood High School entrance exam will be next Sunday, January 15 at Bais Faiga.

The charge for the test is $20.
Please bring two #2 pencils and a pen.

Girls with last name beginning with A-K (except C) should arrive at 8:45am. The test will run from 9am-11am.
Girls with last name beginning with L-Z, and beginning with C, should arrive at 11:20 (not earlier). The test will run from 11:35-1:35.

Applications will be given out at the test and will be due back by Tues. January 24.

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 11:13 pm
Just wondering is this similar to primary applications that the earlier you get it in the better chance you have ? Do we mail it in ?

amother
Gray

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 11:17 pm
keym wrote:
I want to comment that last few years Bnos Bina and the Satmar High School did not join with all the other schools at the entrance exams.
If you're Chassidishe and considering those schools, you need to do your own legwork.
But Bais Leah and Maayanos (two heimishe/Chassidishe schools) are part of the joint entrance exam.
Just fyi.

What’s maayanos?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 11:33 pm
amother Marigold wrote:
Lakewood High School entrance exam will be next Sunday, January 15 at Bais Faiga.

The charge for the test is $20.
Please bring two #2 pencils and a pen.

Girls with last name beginning with A-K (except C) should arrive at 8:45am. The test will run from 9am-11am.
Girls with last name beginning with L-Z, and beginning with C, should arrive at 11:20 (not earlier). The test will run from 11:35-1:35.

Applications will be given out at the test and will be due back by Tues. January 24.

Thank you!

We actually got the letter in the mail. We were given an email address for the HS vaad and they added us to the list.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries