Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Getting a job with Chronic health issues

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 9:02 pm
I need advice. Right now we are trying to get a mortgage and I was told I need a part-time job to increase our income and the banks prefer regular income to self-employment. For the past few years I have been a freelancer.
Since I got covid last year I have been feeling unwell. I keep on getting sick I have no clue how I will be able to do a part-time job. I was thinking of 12-20 hours a week. Since February I have been unwell half the days. I have meanwhile not taken any new freelance jobs as I am hoping to get a job. I still have a couple of clients I never dropped I have also been bored, miserable not feeling well, home all day and not seeing anyone, and feeling lack of stimulation with less freelance work. I do think I need to get out and get a job but so nervous about how I can keep on canceling work when I am not feeling well. I wish I can keep my freelancing up on a part-time salary instead of a freelance salary. Any advice
In terms of my health issues, the Drs don't know what is going on. I don't know if it is Long Covid or something else. I just started acupuncture. I am hoping that will help

relaxation

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 9:15 pm
Can you remotely ?

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, May 16 2022, 9:29 pm
Ya I was also going to say…working remotely sounds like it may be a good option for you. You can work while lying in bed when you’re not feeling well (if you can’t take off any more days). It’s obviously less social, but the benefits may be worth it for you.

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 1:16 am
Can you simply increase your freelancing income and take a stated income loan? Sure, banks "prefer" W-2 income, but schedule C income is perfectly valid especially if you've been in business for a few years and can show a few years of growth as a freelancer (and your credit score is 660 or above).

I too had a chronic health condition which technically I still have but it's under control now BH. Back in 2001 I stopped working full time and never took a full time job again---- I simply upped my income with my own business and over the years sometimes took on part time work if I wanted to and it met my requirements to maintain my health at a decent level.

If you take on more freelance work you can do it when you feel up to it (make your own deadlines-- although you haven't told us your field), feel more productive and enriched, and have more income.

In my opinion, a freelance salary is often much better than a part time or full time more predictable salary.

https://www.fool.com/the-ascen.....ders.

amother
Fern

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 1:21 am
Any ideas for freelance work from home jobs?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics