Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
DH Birthday - Quality Time Love Language

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 5:01 am
My dh's birthday is coming up and I am looking for ideas of what to get him/ how to celebrate. I was thinking I would maybe make coupons for different kinds of date nights (they would have to be things that can be done in the house because we usually can't get a babysitter)

Any ideas of what date nights could be? Not cooking or board games, we do both a lot. Not movies since we don't watch.

Any other (easier) ideas of bday gifts? I'm open Smile

SuperWify

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 5:06 am
Why not experiences? There are really cool ones depending on where you live. A concert, a game show, activity (pool table, darts, bowling, hatchet throwing ect…), a museum ect.

You can get good ideas and coupons on Groupon. Lots of museums are free.

SG18

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 5:30 am
What about a cake baking/decorating workshop? There's one in Israel I'm considering for DH's birthday (I can send you the info, if you'd like), but I'm sure there are plenty everywhere!

myname1

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 5:31 am
SuperWify wrote:
Why not experiences? There are really cool ones depending on where you live. A concert, a game show, activity (pool table, darts, bowling, hatchet throwing ect…), a museum ect.

You can get good ideas and coupons on Groupon. Lots of museums are free.

She said it has to be in the house, so I'm not sure those would work.

OP, maybe instead of coupons, just make it a special night, nice dinner together, time to enjoy each other. Maybe you get that every night... just a thought if you don't. Mazel tov! Many happy years together!

SuperWify

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 6:09 am
myname1 wrote:

OP, maybe instead of coupons, just make it a special night, nice dinner together, time to enjoy each other. Maybe you get that every night... just a thought if you don't. Mazel tov! Many happy years together!

Oh my bad. I missed that..

imasinger

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 6:15 am
A set of conversation starter cards, like these:
200 Family Conversation Cards - Questions to Get Everyone Talking & Building Relationships - Fun Family Games for Kids and Adults - Get to Know Each Other Better for Family Game Night or Road Trip https://a.co/d/6dp2DYz

A word game online, if you use screens.

Depending on your status, a shower together, or a massage.

Why can't you usually get a babysitter? Is that something that can possibly change with more planning, or flexible thinking? Because that might make a great gift.

lamplighter

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 6:17 am
Coupons are cute but would we actually use them? That has prevented me from ever doing that as a gift.
One year I did a date night jar. I put options of date nights/quality time activities on papers that I folded up and put into a mason jar. We would pick once a week and do it together.

amother
Offwhite

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 6:45 am
Candlelit dinner with soft music in the background. Get takeout so you don’t have to stress about cooking.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 8:42 am
myname1 wrote:

Thank you! Yes planning on a nice dinner iyH. I think you're right that the coupons thing might be a little complicated... Just wanted to do something a little more too.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 8:47 am
imasinger wrote:
A set of conversation starter cards, like these:
200 Family Conversation Cards - Questions to Get Everyone Talking & Building Relationships - Fun Family Games for Kids and Adults - Get to Know Each Other Better for Family Game Night or Road Trip https://a.co/d/6dp2DYz

A word game online, if you use screens.

Depending on your status, a shower together, or a massage.

Why can't you usually get a babysitter? Is that something that can possibly change with more planning, or flexible thinking? Because that might make a great gift.

Those are all great ideas! Purchasing the cards now.

You are right that the babysitter would make a great gift... I live in an area where it's all young families and it's very difficult to find a babysitter. At one point we were trying to go out for a biweekly date night (mostly just drives/ Target etc due to budget) but kept canceling because it was really hard to get one.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 8:47 am
lamplighter wrote:
Coupons are cute but would we actually use them? That has prevented me from ever doing that as a gift.
One year I did a date night jar. I put options of date nights/quality time activities on papers that I folded up and put into a mason jar. We would pick once a week and do it together.

I love the idea of a date night jar!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 8:50 am
amother Offwhite wrote:
Candlelit dinner with soft music in the background. Get takeout so you don’t have to stress about cooking.

Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics