Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Kendamil shortage?
Previous  1  2

racheli3

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 8:43 am
hi! I spoke with the London Kashrus Bais din and they told me "Kendamil Classic First Infant, Follow On and Toddler Milks sold in the US are KLBD Certified Dairy even if they do not have the KLBD logo." You might want to check with your rav about the chalav yisroel stuff. You can pm me if you want the hechsher info straight from the company that I got. or ask them yourself. They sent me the hechsher certificate and I also spoke with the Kashrus London Bais din (KLBD) I got in target actually recently. You might want to find out if is Chalav YIsroel.

racheli3

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 8:44 am
hechsher says The products or shipping documents must also bear the following company EC number: UK
KL020 EC

racheli3

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 8:44 am
hechsher says The products or shipping documents must also bear the following company EC number: UK
KL020 EC

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 8:45 am
racheli3 wrote:
KL020 EC

I messaged you

amother
Tanzanite

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 8:52 am
There is now no mehadrin kendamil available in the UK where it is produced it seems like it will be unavailable for the time being.
I know someone who works for kedassia who give the hashgacha on the cy kendamil and he said that they are unable to make a cy production at the moment and so there is no supply for the next few months or so.
Kedassia have advised ppl to use non cy formula for their babies because of this shortage.

racheli3

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 8:59 am
So, you can prob get that type in target. Near me in Howell they were fully stocked

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 9:05 am
racheli3 wrote:
So, you can prob get that type in target. Near me in Howell they were fully stocked

Thanks
But the letter you got from them would be super helpful for me.
Can you send it please? I messaged you

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 12:00 pm
I think Cy packets are available. It’s much more expensive but I stocked up so as not to be stuck.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 12:14 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
I think Cy packets are available. It’s much more expensive but I stocked up so as not to be stuck.

No stores in Boro have those either

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 12:22 pm
We currently don't have it in the UK either. There is an issue with production and it's unclear if it will be continued. ( I heard it was imported to the US without being FDA approved but I am not sure if it is correct).
Only cholov akum is now being sold in the local shops.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Dec 29 2022, 1:45 pm
amother Chartreuse wrote:
No stores in Boro have those either

Right, I bought it in London. However, the company told me that in about 6-7 weeks cy cans are expected to be back in stock

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 5:25 pm
Any1 have a reliable update? When will it be back in stock?
Has any1 had success getting this recently?
Also how would Kendamil compare to Similac powder that is now available in cy?

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 5:30 pm
Chalav Yisrael kendamil first stage is still unavailable in London. The kosher shops sell the non-cy kind.

Since you’re asking about similac, I’ve been thrilled with it in the past. It is better than kendamil but has been unavailable for even longer here.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 5:32 pm
amother Bronze wrote:
Chalav Yisrael kendamil first stage is still unavailable in London. The kosher shops sell the non-cy kind.

Since you’re asking about similac, I’ve been thrilled with it in the past. It is better than kendamil but has been unavailable for even longer here.

Thank you!
I'm due shortly and plan to formula feed exclusively. I'm glad to hear that you had good experience with Similac. The Cy powder seems to be available here in the US.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 5:42 pm
The company emailed me on Friday 6-8 weeks for Kendamil cy cans

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 5:47 pm
amother Pumpkin wrote:
The company emailed me on Friday 6-8 weeks for Kendamil cy cans

In the US or Uk?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 5:51 pm
amother Brunette wrote:
Thank you!
I'm due shortly and plan to formula feed exclusively. I'm glad to hear that you had good experience with Similac. The Cy powder seems to be available here in the US.

The cy similac is unavailable currently

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 11:37 pm
amother Brunette wrote:
In the US or Uk?

I’m in the us but I emailed the uk…. I order directly from them

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 1:01 am
I got sachets from Antwerp kendamil it's from the UK originally, in Antwerp they also sell a French brand which is very cheap.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics