Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Which is most important in a stroller?
Previous  1  2

In your experience, which of the following is most important in a stroller (for a newborn and up)
Big wheels  
 31%  [ 15 ]
Light weight  
 37%  [ 18 ]
One handed fold and one handed open  
 16%  [ 8 ]
Easy buckle / unbuckle  
 6%  [ 3 ]
One hand to recline and one hand to unrecline  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Car seat can attach  
 8%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 48

lamplighter

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 10:25 pm
I have made the mistake in the past looking for "the one" stroller. These days I buy two and advise others the same. Get a good walking stroller that has a great push, good basket, sturdy etc. And then get a lightweight, easy to fold errand/travel stroller.

amother
Strawberry

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 10:34 pm
A easy maneuver and comfortable seat. I bought one stroller because of all the fancy specs and ended up trading it in for a bugaboo lynx and I am so happy I did. Even though the recline is a bit of a hassle I gain so much.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Sat, Jan 07 2023, 10:39 pm
One of the most imp factors for me is seat size/child weight limit. My kids are on the bigger/taller size k"h and this is one of the most imp factors. Some seats have a 50 pound weight limit per kid, some more like 35 pounds and it's a big difference. When buying a double I put my 2 year old
k"h in different seats and some she looked like she'd outgrow within the year, others she had plenty of room, etc.
Second to this would probably be durability/safety like a reputable stroller brand, etc.
Price also matters!
Also canopy length is huge for me. Sun protection:)

gr82no

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 12:07 am
Why is the child facing the parent important?

I look for the cheapest stroller that I can use from day one till stroller no longer needed.
Reliable company and has good reviews
Nice size basket
Gender neutral colors
Good shade.
I like the peekaboo window
Also not to complicated to fold.
Double stroller I have different considerations for.

amother
Bergamot

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 12:11 am
gr82no wrote:

I look for the cheapest stroller that I can use from day one till stroller no longer needed.
Nice size basket
Gender neutral colors
Good shade.

What carriage(s) have you found that meets all these requirements?

imaima

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 7:37 am
lamplighter wrote:
I have made the mistake in the past looking for "the one" stroller. These days I buy two and advise others the same. Get a good walking stroller that has a great push, good basket, sturdy etc. And then get a lightweight, easy to fold errand/travel stroller.

Realizing that no one is looking over my shoulder whispering „you have too many strollers“ is the most liberating feeling

imaima

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 7:38 am
gr82no wrote:

Nice size basket
Gender neutral colors
Good shade.

Baby jogger city mini
But it doesn’t face you
Why is it important? That you maintain contact with your baby, talk to them etc

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 7:48 am
I live in Israel, so I picked big wheels, because even though we live in the city, Israrli terrain is rough.

My favorite stroller is the Bugaboo cameleon. Another bonus :super comfortable for the baby. Baby falls asleep in stroller, you lean it back and bring the stroller in the house. I used that stroller instead of a high chair too. I WOULDNT pay full price for one, because Bugaboo are super duper expensive, but I would happily pay $300 for a used one in good condition, and that's pretty easy to find.

lamplighter

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 8:02 am
I actually find it really important (for me) to have my babies face me. We do so much walking and it's such a great time to connect. Also it's a lot easier to see what the baby is fussing about when they are facing you. Stopping to go look around is annoying.

newinbp

Post Sun, Jan 08 2023, 8:43 am
imaima wrote:
Baby jogger city mini
But it doesn’t face you
Why is it important? That you maintain contact with your baby, talk to them etc

Baby jogger city versa has all of these. It's discontinued but sometimes you can find one used. It parent faces too.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 8:08 am
amother Puce wrote:
Nuna triv meets all your needs except the big wheels. Big wheels are a contradiction to it being lightweight and easy to fold. I have the triv and I am so happy with it. Watch the videos of it on the magic beans website.

Other nice features - very generous basket. Can have the carriage (or car seat) face both ways, adjusting height handle, very nice looking. Btw the wheels are surprisingly durable and very smooth ride even though they are not big.

I saw the Nuna Triv in the store and really liked it. But I was concerned because when you extend the hood, there are mesh panels, which look like they let in the sun when it is sunny (which maybe defeats the purpose of extending the hood?) or let's in cold air / wind in the winter (again, would extend the hood to protect from cold or windy weather). Have these things bothered you?

And thanks to everyone else for weighing in, you've given me lots to consider!

mizle10

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 10:12 am
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
I live in Israel, so I picked big wheels, because even though we live in the city, Israrli terrain is rough.

My favorite stroller is the Bugaboo cameleon. Another bonus :super comfortable for the baby. Baby falls asleep in stroller, you lean it back and bring the stroller in the house. I used that stroller instead of a high chair too. I WOULDNT pay full price for one, because Bugaboo are super duper expensive, but I would happily pay $300 for a used one in good condition, and that's pretty easy to find.

Recently replaced my cameleon with a different stroller. One of the considerations was actually that I hate the bugaboo seat! When you recline it your babies feet are up in the air. How is that comfy?

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 9:32 pm
amother OP wrote:
I saw the Nuna Triv in the store and really liked it. But I was concerned because when you extend the hood, there are mesh panels, which look like they let in the sun when it is sunny (which maybe defeats the purpose of extending the hood?) or let's in cold air / wind in the winter (again, would extend the hood to protect from cold or windy weather). Have these things bothered you?

And thanks to everyone else for weighing in, you've given me lots to consider!
I had no issue with the sun. We took walks all summer. Not sure about the windy weather as we don’t go out a lot when it’s cold in the carriage but whenever I do (like Shabbos) then I use the plastic cover that comes with it and wrap my baby well with a blanket and he’s always toasty when we arrive at our destination.
Nuna also makes the mixx carriage which is so similar and may not have the issue you describe. It’s actually has bigger wheels but you compromise in terms of how light the carriage is (which for me was the most important).

gr82no

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 9:53 pm
amother Bergamot wrote:
What carriage(s) have you found that meets all these requirements?

Graco. My graco is not a one handed fold but it is very simple just press two buttons and it folds

gr82no

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 9:56 pm
lamplighter wrote:
I actually find it really important (for me) to have my babies face me. We do so much walking and it's such a great time to connect. Also it's a lot easier to see what the baby is fussing about when they are facing you. Stopping to go look around is annoying.

I first had a snap n go kind and my baby would be facing me and I loved it because I would talk to my baby but I felt like everyone was looking at me strangely for talking to my baby. When I stopped with the car seat I missed my baby but got used to it.
That’s why I like the peekaboo window I can easily see what’s happening without disturbing my baby.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics