Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Response times for frum mags

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 4:07 am
I've been wondering what the standard response time is on story submissions to frum magazines.

If there's no response after three months, can one assume that the submission has been declined? Are the backlogs or slush piles at the magazines such that three months actually isn't a lot of time?

My understanding is that the frum mags don't look kindly on "simultaneous submissions" - items submitted to more than one publication at a time. This creates a problem for writers whose work remains in limbo for extended periods, during which they aren't free to submit elsewhere.

Any information or insights appreciated.

amother
Brickred

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 5:07 am
I'm not in the world of frum magazines, but if I were you, I would submit simultaneously anyhow. It's unreasonable to demand exclusivity if you don't commit to giving an answer within six weeks.

If you were selling a car, you wouldn't advertise to a single customer at a time. You'd put it out there, first come, first serve.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club