Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
4 year old son doesn’t stay dry
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Fern

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 12:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
So where should be my next step? Back to urologist and request cat scan? To a GI? Not sure where to go from here

From my experience, doctors will sometimes say isomething is normal or will be outgrown, which may happen. If you're willing to keep an open mind and seek answers, you may be able to get sooner relief. Look for a naturopathic doctor, hk practitioner, craniosacral therapist, homeopath. One of those should be able to help you.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 2:48 pm
amother Fern wrote:
From my experience, doctors will sometimes say isomething is normal or will be outgrown, which may happen. If you're willing to keep an open mind and seek answers, you may be able to get sooner relief. Look for a naturopathic doctor, hk practitioner, craniosacral therapist, homeopath. One of those should be able to help you.

I don’t want to take that route tho I appreciate the suggestions. If I were to assume the issue is constipation how do I fix that?

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 2:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don’t want to take that route tho I appreciate the suggestions. If I were to assume the issue is constipation how do I fix that?

https://www.amazon.com/Its-Acc.....360X/

https://www.amazon.com/P-Book-.....4444/

amother
White

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 4:21 pm
I would go back to the urologist or try a GI have them do a scan and ask them about constipation.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 4:26 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/Its-Accident-Breakthrough-Solutions-Constipation/dp/076277360X/

https://www.amazon.com/P-Book-.....4444/

What is the difference between these 2? Which one is better?

amother
Fern

Post Mon, Nov 14 2022, 4:27 pm
amother OP wrote:

I wish you a lot of success with whatever you decide to do. Parasites are awful awful awful. We dealt with it for quite a while.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Nov 30 2022, 10:56 pm
amother Powderblue wrote:
What is the difference between these 2? Which one is better?

So I ended up buying it's no accident first because it was cheaper, but but was not worth it will probably return. The background and info is good but the practical info and how to is outdated. Bought the MOP and it's much better. Much more detailed and clear info.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Thu, Dec 01 2022, 2:16 am
amother White wrote:
I would go back to the urologist or try a GI have them do a scan and ask them about constipation.

Dealing with this now too, but an older child.
What scan would I ask GI for?

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 8:07 pm
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
Dealing with this now too, but an older child.
What scan would I ask GI for?

Bump.
Will they do for 4 and 5 year old?

Also, does anyone have experience with the MOP protocol?

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 11:19 pm
Bump.
Will they do for 4 and 5 year old?

Also, does anyone have experience with the MOP protocol?
That age they will do it for daytime wetting but not nighttime. You need to go to a good pediatric urologist and they will explain the mop protocol to you. I went to a few urologists because mop wasn’t enough for my dd. But they all recommended it first

amother
Cadetblue

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 11:40 pm
I am experiencing the same issue with my daughter. I was told the issue is constipation and that I need to give her miralax daily. That was after I did a 3 day cleanse.
The doctor confirmed this was the issue after an abdominal xray showed that she had consultation.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 10:52 am
amother DarkCyan wrote:
That age they will do it for daytime wetting but not nighttime. You need to go to a good pediatric urologist and they will explain the mop protocol to you. I went to a few urologists because mop wasn’t enough for my dd. But they all recommended it first

Which pediatric urologist would you recommend in Monsey area or Manhattan?
Did they recommend the oral cleanout part only or also enemas?

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 11:23 am
I was almost done typing a long post and it got deleted. Grrrr

amother
DarkCyan

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 11:47 am
Which pediatric urologist would you recommend in Monsey area or Manhattan?
Did they recommend the oral cleanout part only or also enemas?
Idk I’m in Lakewood. They said enemas for the first week and then miralax everyday.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 11:56 am
amother Fern wrote:
I wish you a lot of success with whatever you decide to do. Parasites are awful awful awful. We dealt with it for quite a while.

So I'm dealing with parasites also. I have treated with different kinds of natural things in the past and twice with medication in the last few months. With all of them it worked (except for cina) but after a short time we were back to square one. Their only symptom is the daytime wetting, and for my daughter redness in the area.
And the continued bedwetting. They were both dry for some time shortly after toilet training so I know its not a genetic or anatomy issue, but it's been years since. One is 5 years old the other is almost 4.

All this is really really frustrating.

I was thinking maybe it's constipation that's creating a good habitat for the pinworms to thrive.

Amother Fern you seem to have experience with this. Any ideas? Any recommendation for a practitioner in the Monsey area? I don't have extra money to spend but I really need this resolved.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 12:05 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:
Idk I’m in Lakewood. They said enemas for the first week and then miralax everyday.

Hmm because Dr hodges protocol is daily for a month or until dry day and night for a week, then tapering over 2 months, and to start at the beginning if there is any relapse. (In addition to mirilax/magnesium the whole time and exlax if necessary) and the enemas are not free. Reusable is much cheaper but also more of a hassle.
I feel it's a huge undertaking - do it with 2 kids when have another toddler, and a baby in a few months iy"h. I wish I had neviah to know if it's what they need... at least I'll know that after all that it will at least be resolved!

amother
DarkCyan

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 12:10 pm
Hmm because Dr hodges protocol is daily for a month or until dry day and night for a week, then tapering over 2 months, and to start at the beginning if there is any relapse. (In addition to mirilax/magnesium the whole time and exlax if necessary) and the enemas are not free. Reusable is much cheaper but also more of a hassle.
I feel it's a huge undertaking - do it with 2 kids when have another toddler, and a baby in a few months iy"h. I wish I had neviah to know if it's what they need... at least I'll know that after all that it will at least be resolved!
Right they didn’t feel daily enema for that amount of time was necessary. Did you get the scan to confirm constipation?

Miralax is also not free btw. Price has gone up a lot lately. It’s pretty shocking.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 12:26 pm
amother DarkCyan wrote:
Right they didn’t feel daily enema for that amount of time was necessary. Did you get the scan to confirm constipation?

Miralax is also not free btw. Price has gone up a lot lately. It’s pretty shocking.

No. Was giving one last shot at pinworm medication like a month ago to see if it's enough but you're right that should be my next step.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 12:22 am
So I'm dealing with parasites also. I have treated with different kinds of natural things in the past and twice with medication in the last few months. With all of them it worked (except for cina) but after a short time we were back to square one. Their only symptom is the daytime wetting, and for my daughter redness in the area.
And the continued bedwetting. They were both dry for some time shortly after toilet training so I know its not a genetic or anatomy issue, but it's been years since. One is 5 years old the other is almost 4.

I was thinking maybe it's constipation that's creating a good habitat for the pinworms to thrive.

Amother Fern you seem to have experience with this. Any ideas? Any recommendation for a practitioner in the Monsey area? I don't have extra money to spend but I really need this resolved.

Bump

amother
Fern

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 12:30 am

I keep my kid on cina for now. I don't know what else to do. Meanwhile I'm taking dc for craniosacral therapy and hoping that will help resolve the issue for good.

You're right, there's usually a reason that the body is holding onto the worms and they keep returning. Constipation could be a reason but sometimes it's a result of the worms. You have to figure out why.

I don't really know rMonsey but I've heard that penina hauer is very good.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training