Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Do you love or hate working?
Previous  1  2

Do you love your job?
I love my job/I would rather work.  
 48%  [ 58 ]
I hate my job/I hate working  
 23%  [ 28 ]
Other  
 27%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 119

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 1:34 pm
amother White wrote:
My job is not horrible. As jobs go it's pretty good. The schedule is not stressful and my workload is manageable. I'm doing work I enjoy and feel good at (still room for me to grow and improve).

Drawbacks: Salary is decent but nowhere near enough for a frum family. I think it's sad that I'm working hard in a professional job and still be stressed about finances. I work 2-3 jobs on the side in addition to my main job. It's not like I could make a whole lot more money without doing additional training (which also costs time and money).

I like my time off. I like being able to do whatever I want whenever I want. But I'm an adult and I do what I need to do. I also know that during times when I was home full time (either by choice or because I didn't have a job or whatever) I didn't use the time as wisely as I could have and felt super-stressed the entire time. So not having a job wouldn't make life any better or easier for me.

I'm not great at housekeeping or taking care of kids, so not having a job means I spend my entire day doing things that I'm not good at and feel like a failure. Not the greatest for my mental health.

Wow Im the same same same.

I like my job because Im respected as a person.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 2:05 pm
I liked my job because as you said, I was respected as a person too. However I didn't like the idea of limiting myself to a paycheck. For that reason I left my job in very good terms with my boss. Started my own business.

NechaMom

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 2:10 pm
There’s so much in between love and hate working. I guess that’s why “other” got so many votes.
I like many aspects and dislike many other.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 2:16 pm
I love my job. I hate working.
I would love to be a sahm

amother
Tuberose

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 2:21 pm
I enjoyed reading through this thread!
I like what I do and I appreciate the fulfillment it gives me. However, I hate that I don't have the option of being a stay at home mom because of financial reasons and I can't stand always running running running.
There are always places to be at certain times, so much to pack in at home in so little time etc. Sometimes I just want to be able to walk slower, eat slower, and just be more present.
I also feel like working takes away from the energy I would love to devote to myself or my family. It's a hard balance.

justforfun87

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 2:51 pm
I don't hate or love my job but I hate staying home.

amother
RosePink

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 2:14 pm
I like the work that I do. However, my department is not the friendliest. Mean girl type behavior that makes things difficult. It’s not a frum company, fairly corporate. But I need the paycheck and benefits. I am trying to get transferred to another department to save my sanity.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 2:21 pm
amother NeonYellow wrote:
I would love a VERY p/t job.
I worked Tues and Wed and Fri last week because I had to use up my pto and was off again yesterday.
It was nice.

Me too.

I struggle with executive functioning and it just doesn't seem possible to do everything at home and work. Maybe if I was making it rich and could hire someone to do cooking and cleaning daily. But I think I'd still struggle at work with executive function and burnout.

Something like 2 hours a day would be amazing for me. Or something where I could do something I'm passionate about but was flexible hours.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics