Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
GETTING DESP!!Bedwetting at night
Previous  1  2

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 5:40 pm
Did anyone try the MOP protocol? I have the book but still hesitant to try. So many enemas amounts to quite some money...
My kids have nighttime AND daytime issues. The odd thing is that they both had a short period of nighttime dryness soon after training.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 5:47 pm
amother Quince wrote:
I also noticed that on nights my son goes to sleep really late so is very tired he has accidents so I thought it’s because he’s in a much deeper sleep
A PT can evaluate for week core strength and pelvic floor issues. Some of them also do reflex integration.

amother
Daisy

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 9:20 pm
Sometimes it's an allergy to dairy or chemicals like the washing powder

salt

Post Mon, Jan 09 2023, 10:47 pm
amother Almond wrote:
My son almost 11 and still sometimes has accidents. He wore pull ups until about a year ago. I put him on medication for overnight camp - didn't work, he peed his way thru 2 months of camp. Also tried an alarm system, not de sagies, was way out of my budget. Didn't work.

It's a maturity process, he'll get there eventually. Hang in there.

In Israel it's covered by national insurance.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 7:48 am
Where do I get desmopressin??
Is it medication? Do I need prescription?

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 9:57 am
amother OP wrote:
Where do I get desmopressin??
Is it medication? Do I need prescription?

Yes prescription. You have to make an appointment with your pediatrician.
Some drs are against it. If you're only going for that maybe ask front desk if dr prescribe it. In my practice some drs do and some don't. Not sure why.
It was a lifesaver for us.(but I gave it later than 7 yrs old...)

amother
Cornsilk

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 11:01 am
I'm also desperate... How does sagies program work?
Excersize? Or just alarms?

amother
Poppy

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 11:17 am
amother OP wrote:
A 7yr old that sleeps extremely deeply and wakes up wet every morning. Weve tried no liquids in evening etc etc..
Are there any vitamins/ homeopathic stuff that works??
Anyone been to a bedwetting clinic?

My daughter was 7 and still wetting the bed every night-her pediatrician said she'd outgrow it and just give it time, but then I tried using the alarm method (bought one on amazon for 20$)and within 2 weeks she was totally dry every night. So regretted not doing it sooner.
Basic premise is u need to wake the child up as soon as the alarm goes off, the idea is to train the brain to recognize when urine is coming out, and to stop it. So they reccomend having child sleep next to you in the beginning, so you can wake them up right away (if theyre deep sleeper).

Used it again with both my sons, and BH it worked for them both as well

amother
Diamond

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 4:39 pm
Look into Bio-feedback, I know a family that all the kids bedwet, they did this and now they all wake up dry bh

amother
Daisy

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 4:52 pm
amother Diamond wrote:
Look into Bio-feedback, I know a family that all the kids bedwet, they did this and now they all wake up dry bh

What is it?

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 5:23 pm
Do you mean Neurofeedback?

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 5:25 pm
2 things. If you do the medicine speak to your Dr. They can't have any liquid after taking the medicine. It shuts down their kidneys I think it is, and it's dangerous to drink.
Also constipation can cause bed wedding and when the constipation is resolved the bed wetting stops. Maybe ask your Dr for an x-ray to check for constipation. My daughter didn't seem constipated and she was , it showed on the x-ray.

amother
Currant

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 5:55 pm
First, I know how you feel. All my children bedwet!!! I felt as desperate as you feel! But there is hope!! About a year ago I heard about Biofeedback. It's the same as Neurofeedback. A pediatrician told my friend that it helps stop bedwetting. I was willing to try anything. I have tried everything by then. Pills, bed alarm - all kinds!! NADA!!! Sooo frustrating!. Long story short, this biofeedback worked for ALL my children. They are asking dry! I rented a biofeedback system, and gave all kids two sessions daily. Each session is 33 minutes long. It took between 20 to 40 sessions to get them totally cured of bedwetting. It's miraculous. You connect two little probes on the two sides of the head at the scalp with special paste and it's pretty simple. It does take a lot of patience and consistency. But it's worth it!
This link will explain how it works. https://youtu.be/sYs2tpF5Kko
A month costs 850$ for unlimited sessions. For a whole family of kids it's very worth it!
The lady I rent it from is Susan. Her number is 720-300-7079 and stzankow@gmail.com
Tell her Chaya gave you the info.
But I'm a true believer in this. Because it works. It actually helps the whole brain so it helps reduce anxiety, depression, ADHD and much more.
Good luck!

amother
Currant

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 5:57 pm
*they are waking up dry

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 6:04 pm
My son was in pull-ups until he was 10. I thought he would go away to Yeshiva with them! It was a combination of meds (don’t remember which, he’s an adult now) and realizing he couldn’t go on an overnight with pull ups, that got him dry at night. And he grew up, as your son will. It’s a common problem albeit unpleasant. Bh we have pull ups today that minimize the issue.

amother
Currant

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 6:23 pm
A medication called Desmopressin works. It tells the brain to create less urine at night. Your kid can take .2 mg one pill before bed. If that doesn't work do two pills or go up to three pills. The humiliation my teenager would feel wearing a pull-up to a sleepover, is the greater evil of the two. So pills it is. And it has worked beautifully now for a few years with no side effects. It's not a combination of meds. It's just one type of med. It's the missing hormone that the kid doesn't have at night. the hormone that tells the brain to create less urine at night. But my son went from taking 3 pills before bed to taking one, after doing biofeedback sessions. We will continue biofeedback till he doesn't need those pills at all.

amother
Currant

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 6:25 pm
If you want to send your 10-12 year old kid to camp, worry free. This pill does the trick.

amother
Sunflower

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 7:17 pm
amother Daisy wrote:
Sometimes it's an allergy to dairy or chemicals like the washing powder

This was my kid. Also the down pillow.
Bh since we changed she was completely dry (9yo)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 13 2023, 12:54 am
Day this also work for daytime issues?

amother
Currant

Post Fri, Jan 13 2023, 7:33 am
The pills? I don't know, you can ask a doctor. But the biofeedback might help for daytime issues. Because it works on the whole brain and all issues.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training