Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toddler acting up

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 3:40 pm
Hi so I have a 2 1/2 year old he’ll be 3 in April b”h, and I’m due in March b”h, so he’s the only kid now, recently at home he’s been smacking me and my husband a lot and can’t control his emotions Ik he’s little but he gets very upset when stuff don’t go his way…. Him morah at playgroup told me that he’s been acting up there to and hurting and bothering other kids, since I’m pregnant my hormones couldn’t handle the news and I broke out crying after she told me, he really is such an amazing kid and the nicest boy I just don’t know why he’s acting up, does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 3:48 pm
Your pregnancy probably has a lot to do with his behavior. Little kids can be very sensitive to these changes, especially if you've been talking about it a lot (so maybe tone it down if you have). He may need some extra understanding and empathy and connection with you right now. And of course, good ways to block the smacking. You can't really teach him not to act up since the problem is not, as many parents seem to think, that he just doesn't know that he isn't supposed to do that.

Hoping it gets easier soon!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics