Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
DD school always asking for money for things

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 9:43 pm
DD came home with a note saying there is a melava malka and it's $8 a person. So that's $16.

Then she came home saying they're having a siyum and they need $10 to buy lunch at the pizza store for the siyum (the teachers took all the girls, it was a special thing). I gave her $7 told her to spend the rest.

But that was $26 expected in one week. It just never ends. I just wish they'd have awarensss that nor everyone can just cough up money

amother
Daylily

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 9:52 pm
Schools are completely clueless. Parents really need to stand up and put a stop to it. And it only gets worse as the girls get older and move on to high school.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 10:04 pm
This annoys me to no end, not so much because I cant afford it but on the principle of it. If the school gave me an amount for tuition plus all those extra fees related to registration there should be nothing after that. It's not a surprise to them that they are having GO this year, or a yearly school Shabbos, or an art class, etc. My kids schools hear it from me if they ask or they dont get the money.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jan 10 2023, 11:05 pm
My kids school doesn’t do that. 1 fee at the beginning of the year and that’s it. Ugh I would be so upset.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics