Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Do you get your makeup done for family photos?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 8:56 am
?

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 9:07 am
No!

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 9:12 am
So funny ur asking this, bc I spend so much on pics, and then when I’m disappointed how I look, I wonder why I just didn’t get my makeup done professionally.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 9:14 am
No

amother
Zinnia

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 9:15 am
I don’t recommend it. As a photographer when people get it done it’s often too heavy for the setting we are in. Make up artists tend to do everyone as if they will be in a basement hall with bright lights. It requires so much more editing. You are better off doing it yourself.

justforfun87

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 9:37 am
Make sure you feel absolutely beautiful. I do photography and if mom isn't happy with the pictures it is totally ruined. I have had to reshoot photos where mom felt horrible. Moms forget this and buy matching clothes for kids and then see themselves and hate it. If you fee beautiful getting your makeup done then do it.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 9:43 am
Yes, but go to one that you know you like how you look/feel when you get it done. ask for a natural look. You dont want to look heavily made up. as a photographer I had someone come for pics. and her face was literally ORANGE and cake with makeup. she is someone I know, so I know that she does her makeup better herself.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 1:56 pm
Wow I never thought of that!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 3:43 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:
I don’t recommend it. As a photographer when people get it done it’s often too heavy for the setting we are in. Make up artists tend to do everyone as if they will be in a basement hall with bright lights. It requires so much more editing. You are better off doing it yourself.

Does it make a difference if the photos will be outdoor?

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 3:46 pm
No

amother
Snow

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 3:58 pm
No, bH I have good skin and photograph nicely. I do natural looking makeup bec that’s what looks nicest

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:39 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:
Some makeup artists do a great job matching the makeup to the setting. But you’re right that they are probably the exception and not the rule.

amother
Raspberry

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 7:14 pm
For a regular family portrait not associated with a wedding? No. Why would I? I'm sorry I had my makeup done for my kids' weddings, I didn't look like myself at all and my son the chosson didn't recognize me till I opened my mouth and said something. For a regular portrait I'd do my own makeup, which is very simple, very natural, and basically looks like me, slightly improved. For my grandchildren's weddings, I should be zoche to live to see them, I'll make do with lipstick and a little cream blush.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics