Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby Shrieks

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 11:51 am
My baby girl is 10 months old. She's my 5th. When she wakes up from a nap or waiting for me to pick her up for some other reason, she shrieks! Like she gets ridiculously hysterical really fast. When the baby wakes up and is waiting in her crib, isn't it normal to leave her a couple of minutes while I finish up with someone or something else? Sometimes I can't drop what I'm doing the second she wakes up. I thought that's normal... She's been getting hysterical really quickly like this since she was very young- at least from a couple of weeks old. Is she traumatized from being left a couple of minutes here and there? Or is this just her personality? Is it okay? Anything I can do to help her? Did I make her extra insecure? Sad

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 11:54 am
Very unlikely that she's traumatized or insecure. Some babies are just very intense.
Sorry, it's really hard!!
Does she have a mobile or anything she can look at in her crib? You could try putting a couple of toys in with her (obviously nothing thats a suffocation risk)

amother
Clematis

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 12:23 pm
Definitely not traumatized, don’t blame yourself!! I had a niece like this, she’s 4 now and grew out of it ages ago.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 1:21 pm
Thank you both, very good to hear!

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 1:24 pm
My intense baby is like this too. She is just really intense. Anything she doesn't like (or does like!) gets a massive reaction. I try to stay calm and be normal to hopefully not encourage it. And she has gotten better since she was 10 months. She is 16 months now.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 1:25 pm
Yesss my baby is like this it’s ridiculous!
I think she’s just more intense than my other child cuz he never did this
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics