Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Addition to a custom closet

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 1:22 pm
I have a custom closet that has just shelves. I'm looking to add in several drawers. Anyone know a carpenter or custom closet company that would be willing to do it?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 1:35 pm
Forgot to mention I'm in Brooklyn

amother
Lemonlime

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 1:58 pm
Following...

Amarante

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 2:05 pm
I assume you mean you want the equivalent of a 'dresser" installed.

I had one installed when I did my closets and it is very functional.

However, you might have a problem finding someone who would be interested in a relatively small project - I.e one or two dressers.

You might consider white dressers from IKEA as a solution since you could get the configuration you want and they could have a built in look.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 2:51 pm
Which dressers from ikea have a built in look.
Actually not sure what u mean by a dresser. I currently have shelves, I want to take out several shelves and install drawers instead in that space.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 2:55 pm
amother OP wrote:
Which dressers from ikea have a built in look.
Actually not sure what u mean by a dresser. I currently have shelves, I want to take out several shelves and install drawers instead in that space.

Easiest is to install a "dresser" - I.e. a chest of drawers. I have that in my custom closet and it looks like a simple white chest of drawers and matches the rest of the fixtures in the closet.

Having someone build you a chest of drawers would be more expensive if you could find someone with that skill set. That is why I suggested looking a simple bureaus from IKEA that would give you that functionality.

You could contact The Container Store or California Closets to see if they do that kind of small job.

The problem with small jobs is that people with skills are fully booked on larger projects and are not interested in smaller jobs. I am still trying to get some small stuff done to finish my remodel and it is hard to get these small items finished because they are so busy on larger projects.

amother
Steel

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 3:18 pm
If the shelves are standard width, ie: 27in,30in…. Then you should be able to buy draw kits and easily screw them in or hire a handy man. You can look on modular closets

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 7:48 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have a custom closet that has just shelves. I'm looking to add in several drawers. Anyone know a carpenter or custom closet company that would be willing to do it?

Is it possible to contact the person who did your custom closet? If so, maybe they could come back and adapt the configuration.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 8:15 pm
I don't know if he does in Brooklyn. But Wulliger did that for me about a year ago. pm me for the number

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 8:26 pm
There are numerous frum custom closet companies, they recently popped up at a dime a dozen (it’s easy to do since many of them outsource most of it to subs). Just contact anyone from your local classifieds and ask for an estimate. They’re all falling over each other for work in my experience.

If you aren’t creative or handy I would not suggest going the ikea/container store or diy route. A couple of drawers aren’t that expensive and why not get it done right? (Also quality drawer tracks are a must.)

I can’t help you with contacts as I’m not in Brooklyn.

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Feb 16 2023, 12:20 pm
removed - mod
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics