Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
How long for poison to work against mice

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 6:52 am
I just moved and noticed some droppings. Exterminator came and said there were some mice but not a crazy infestation, and put poison. I want to hear from others how long it took to actually work. I can't live in peace...

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 7:11 am
Usually the poison drives them out of the apartment to seek water, and they die outside, so you may not see dead mice, just less mice. Usually this is within a week or so if it's not a crazy infestation, etc. if it's going to work. But ultimately, the only thing that keeps them out is keeping them out (blocking up holes, etc.).

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 7:14 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
Usually the poison drives them out of the apartment to seek water, and they die outside, so you may not see dead mice, just less mice. Usually this is within a week or so if it's not a crazy infestation, etc. if it's going to work. But ultimately, the only thing that keeps them out is keeping them out (blocking up holes, etc.).

Exterminator said not to close up holes yet as they will find other ways to get in. Only once I get rid of it...

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 7:17 am
Did he close up holes? Move anything? Give you a guarantee?

I've had amazing experiences with exterminators.. and terrible experiences.

Poison can work, but it can take time. I prefer glue traps or electric traps. You know you caught them. (If you have pets or kids, make sure the poison is not accessible to them!!)

With mice, you need to close up the access point or they'll just keep coming.

Good luck. I hate mice so much.

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 7:18 am
amother OP wrote:
Exterminator said not to close up holes yet as they will find other ways to get in. Only once I get rid of it...

Makes sense. You also want them to get out when the poison makes them thirsty so they don't die in your home.

amother
Clover

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 7:27 am
You absolutely need to seal every hole or they will be back. I went through many exterminators and the mice kept coming back until I found one that knew how to find every tiny hole and went around my house and under my deck and every place that you wouldn't even think of and sealed them.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 2:49 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
Did he close up holes? Move anything? Give you a guarantee?

I've had amazing experiences with exterminators.. and terrible experiences.

Poison can work, but it can take time. I prefer glue traps or electric traps. You know you caught them. (If you have pets or kids, make sure the poison is not accessible to them!!)

With mice, you need to close up the access point or they'll just keep coming.

Good luck. I hate mice so much.

Ok. I think I'll get traps too. He said poison will work, but I have to give it two weeks. In the meantime I am nauseous all day thinking about it...
It makes sense not to close up holes yet. I definitely will, once they are poisoned..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating