Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Research uncomfortable

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 8:39 am
I recently called Tag to have them lift off the filter for me to to do my own research. They lifted it off, but told me I'm still being charged. Now I want to ask them to either put that same filter back on, or change filters. But I'm uncomfortable asking them bec that'll cause them to bring up my account. I did delete the history search, but 1- does deleting mean that they actually don't have access to my research history? (Sometimes u gotta look up some sensitive stuff), and 2) does the fact that I deleted history raise eyebrows?

Please advise because I really want to take care of this asap.

Thank you in advance

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 8:47 am
Why can't you install the filter without going through TAG?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 8:49 am
amother DarkYellow wrote:
Why can't you install the filter without going through TAG?

How would I do that?
They control it

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 8:50 am
amother OP wrote:
How would I do that?
They control it

Go to gentech or techloq or whatever site and install it yourself. New account. unsubscribe from the one TAG controls.

justforfun87

Read your post... are they your parent?

amother
Tan

There are other filters besides for tag filters.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 8:53 am
amother DarkYellow wrote:
Go to gentech or techloq or whatever site and install it yourself. New account. unsubscribe from the one TAG controls.

You mean just block and unblock yourself as you wish without involving Tag?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 8:54 am
amother Tan wrote:
There are other filters besides for tag filters.

Such as? Kindly share....

amother
Springgreen

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 9:25 am
Your info is there regardless if someone wants to pull it up or not. I don't see what you gain from not requesting to either put it back or switching.

You can take your device to a tech guy to remove it and put on a new one but they'll see that you've stopped connecting so, again, no gain.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 9:27 am
amother OP wrote:
You mean just block and unblock yourself as you wish without involving Tag?

Why not? I have never figured out why so many people think that only TAG can install filters

amother
Strawberry

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 10:00 am
Contrary to popular belief on imamother, TAG technicians (at least the ones in the Lakewood office) are very busy. They generally try to complete whatever you ask them to do as quickly as possible. They are not going to go through your search history unless there is a specific reason you need them to do so. They can probably re-activate your account virtually without you even bringing in your device. Call them and you may be surprised.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 12:49 pm
amother OP wrote:
Such as? Kindly share....

Bump

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 1:13 pm
If you want a recommendation for a different filter then you need to post what computer you have, and if you have mobile devices or a laptop that needs filtering then post the details for that as well. I doubt the tag dude is going to go fishing in your history if that’s your concern. But yes, he could do it if he wanted to.

Also make sure they will cancel your subscription and check whether you need to go into the tag office to get it cancelled. I had a huge hassle getting my gentech subscription cancelled. It was extremely unpleasant which is one reason why I don’t use tag filters anymore.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 1:27 pm
amother Blue wrote:
If you want a recommendation for a different filter then you need to post what computer you have, and if you have mobile devices or a laptop that needs filtering then post the details for that as well. I doubt the tag dude is going to go fishing in your history if that’s your concern. But yes, he could do it if he wanted to.

Also make sure they will cancel your subscription and check whether you need to go into the tag office to get it cancelled. I had a huge hassle getting my gentech subscription cancelled. It was extremely unpleasant which is one reason why I don’t use tag filters anymore.

Yes, I was told to go into the office to Uninstall my account- I appreciate the reassurances! Ty.

It's android samsung a10e (for now) phone
And any advice on how to block all inappropriate would be appreciated

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 6:40 pm
so which filter is out there for me to download onto my android? I'm looking to block any inappropriate search content

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 6:49 pm
amother Strawberry wrote:
Contrary to popular belief on imamother, TAG technicians (at least the ones in the Lakewood office) are very busy. They generally try to complete whatever you ask them to do as quickly as possible. They are not going to go through your search history unless there is a specific reason you need them to do so. They can probably re-activate your account virtually without you even bringing in your device. Call them and you may be surprised.

Lol this. They couldn’t care less about your search history and they just try to make you comfortable in my experience. They don’t look and don’t judge.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 8:01 pm
amother Orange wrote:
Lol this. They couldn’t care less about your search history and they just try to make you comfortable in my experience. They don’t look and don’t judge.

Oh please.
You have no idea exactly who works there, and you have no idea exactly what goes through their heads
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics