Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
S/O moving litvishe
Previous  1  2

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 5:31 pm
(sorry, didn't realize it was double posted)

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 5:32 pm
amother Ghostwhite wrote:
"Is naugatuck, CT basically Waterbury and where is the Jewish community located there (to get an idea of housing by checking Zillow..)?

Naugatuck is about a 15 min drive away from Waterbury itself. It's like their own insulated community/development with a mesivta and kollel inside, definitely a more yeshivish kollel type crowd as of right now. But otherwise, they're part of Waterbury, as in they do send their kids to the Waterbury school and there are many wonderful teachers (and even one principal!) in the school from Naugatuck too.

Zip code for Zillow 06710, but not all blocks the same Jewish wise

mollie21

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 8:46 pm
amother OP wrote:
Hmm just did a search and only saw post from 2018 and earlier... I only gained that it is expensive to live there and tuition is a fortune lol.

The price has def gone up recently for homes, but its less expensive than more in town areas. Homes usually start around 700k now, with bigger and newer homes going all the way to 2 mil.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 9:08 pm
amother OP wrote:
We were actually considering both options but wanted to get other ideas...

Is naugatuck, CT basically Waterbury and where is the Jewish community located there (to get an idea of housing by checking Zillow..)?

The frum community in naugatuck is very yeshivish and live in a development called kesser Torah. It's a 15 min drive from the main community, which I think sounds like a better fit. The Avalon area is more suburban feeling than overlook.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 9:26 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
The frum community in naugatuck is very yeshivish and live in a development called kesser Torah. It's a 15 min drive from the main community, which I think sounds like a better fit. The Avalon area is more suburban feeling than overlook.

I was literally just going to ask whether the Naugatuck community is only located in the Keser Torah estates- but based on what you wrote, I assume that it is?
Yeshivish like what? I don't want to feel like the black sheep. Is there any school outside of CT that you can compare that area to?
What did you mean by avalon?

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 9:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
I was literally just going to ask whether the Naugatuck community is only located in the Keser Torah estates- but based on what you wrote, I assume that it is?
Yeshivish like what? I don't want to feel like the black sheep. Is there any school outside of CT that you can compare that area to?
What did you mean by avalon?

Yes just in the development. The families are maybe like YOB type?

The school tho, yeshiva ktana, is probably similar to Passaic schools. Not like any ny/nj schools bc it's a mix of jpf and the whole range of yeshivish.

Avalon is a neighborhood in Waterbury, smaller than the main area but walkable. It has a more suburban feel if the main area feels too urban and KT isn't a good fit.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 9:45 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
Yes just in the development. The families are maybe like YOB type?

The school tho, yeshiva ktana, is probably similar to Passaic schools. Not like any ny/nj schools bc it's a mix of jpf and the whole range of yeshivish.

Avalon is a neighborhood in Waterbury, smaller than the main area but walkable. It has a more suburban feel if the main area feels too urban and KT isn't a good fit.

Amazing!
Going to keep all this info in the back of my mind if and when we make our decision.

Thanks for your help!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating