Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Hotel vs. air bnb

graytness

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 10:03 pm
We’re traveling to Miami and we can’t decide if we should do an air bnb or hotel. DH wants to be in the area next the Shuls and kosher food but all the hotels are a fortune. The air bnbs are all scattered around and not really near the frum areas. Also I just get the creeps from staying in a random persons house and I’m super finicky in general and won’t be able to sleep unless I feel safe…
I know, I know, first world problems…

Also if anyone has any recommendations of air bnbs or hotels that are not crazy expensive I’d appreciate it!

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 10:45 pm
We once stayed in a condo near the beach in hollywood. We Found it on booking.com which I trust more than airbnb. It was really nice and clean. There are lots of rentals in the building so it gets cleaned well. It was great having a table and comfy couches.

DrMom

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 6:12 am
- Many of the same properties advertise on AirBnB and Booking.

- Many AirBnBs are managed properties which are dedicated vacation apartments. In such cases, you are not "living in somebody's home" any more than when you stay in a hotel.

- For all properties (including hotels), check reviews and descriptions carefully.

Personally, I think vacation apartments (from AirBnB/Booking/VRBO/whatever) are more practical than hotels, but it depends on the length of your stay, whether you mind a short drive or walk into town, etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics