Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Who else doesn’t allow barbies
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
DarkPurple

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 12:18 am
I was anorexic and it had absolutely nothing to do with the Barbies that I owned when I was in elementary school. Nothing at all. Barbie is a doll. I never even thought about making my body look like a dolls. Seriously I highly doubt there are many people out there whose view about the ideal body size and shape was based on their Barbie dolls. If anything my eating disorder self would have told you that Barbie’s “chest” was too big…

I’m not planning on purchasing Barbies for my daughter just because I think they are tacky and there are a lot cuter toys out there. If she really asks for one I would get it for her but I’m not going to specifically bring them into our house.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Nov 25 2022, 8:04 am
My girls have barbies.
They don't have any body image.
I don't see an issue with it in my home with my children.
I personally think people overthink things as adults..

amother
Lightyellow

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 6:13 pm
amother Anemone wrote:
Can someone please educate me?? What's wrong with a lol doll?

Put a lol doll in water and it reveals the hidden. Like them being dressed in fishnet stockings and looking like h00kers, or with anatomically correct body parts.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/woma.....1pGTV

Sewsew_mom

Post Sat, Nov 26 2022, 7:39 pm
amother Lightyellow wrote:
Put a lol doll in water and it reveals the hidden. Like them being dressed in fishnet stockings and looking like h00kers, or with anatomically correct body parts.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/woma.....1pGTV

Interesting..
I've had these dolls for a couple years now.. I don't have any dolls that have this.
Must be a specific line..
Thanks for sharing

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, Nov 27 2022, 4:40 pm
amother DarkPurple wrote:
I was anorexic and it had absolutely nothing to do with the Barbies that I owned when I was in elementary school. Nothing at all. Barbie is a doll. I never even thought about making my body look like a dolls. Seriously I highly doubt there are many people out there whose view about the ideal body size and shape was based on their Barbie dolls. If anything my eating disorder self would have told you that Barbie’s “chest” was too big…

I expressed the same same settiments earlier in the thread. You arent alone in having thought this.

ChalieB

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 4:13 am
We weren't allowed Barbies growing up, I had an American Girl doll I adored and can't wait to pass to my daughter! Not sure about how much it contributes to body issues, I just think the 18-inch dolls are more wholesome and tzanua than Barbies.

amother
Cherry

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 11:22 am
Just wondering if someone could post links for some good, appropriate dolls for a dollhouse for little girls to play with?

I also grew up with Barbies, but the world was a different place then. My daughter unfortunately DOES notice things like doll's chest etc but she's a curious personality overall lol so can't really get around that. FYI shes 5, so when I say she notices it's on a very basic level...

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 11:30 am
amother Cherry wrote:
Just wondering if someone could post links for some good, appropriate dolls for a dollhouse for little girls to play with?

I also grew up with Barbies, but the world was a different place then. My daughter unfortunately DOES notice things like doll's chest etc but she's a curious personality overall lol so can't really get around that. FYI shes 5, so when I say she notices it's on a very basic level...

Mitzvah kinder?

amother
Cherry

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 11:32 am
Are there any bigger dolls like Barbie size that aren't barbies..?
we have a big dollhouse that someone gave us... the mentchies are to small for it

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 11:41 am
Glitter girl dolls on Amazon are super cute and figure-less. This is what I bought for my daughter.
(They do have glitter which I hate so I threw out the glitter clothes and bought more clothes for them)
Glitter Girls - Sarinia 14-inch Poseable Fashion Doll - Dolls for Girls Age 3 & Up https://a.co/d/6Dt4QvJ
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics