Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
How do I know I’m booking an air bnb in a safe neighborhood?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 12:04 pm
I’m looking to book an air bnb in Miami/Fort Lauderdale/boca/Hollywood areas (wherever I find the nicest for cheapest)
How am I supposed to know if it’s in a safe neighborhood?
What are the main frum areas in these places called?

ruchelbuckle

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 3:06 pm
You don't. You have to read the reviews. What do the previous pple say? What does the description say? It might say "house in the desirable north Main street area of Ft. Lauderdale" or whatever and then come here and ask.

Also, look at the location on the map. You can see what the nearest main streets are and ask here. ( is- is the area near oak and main in Boca a safe area?)

Fyi- AFAIK, Boca is a very upscale city. I don't think there are any unsafe neighborhoods. From my very limited time in the other places fort Lauderdale, North Miami Beach are more economically diverse.

singsong

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 8:23 pm
ruchelbuckle wrote:
You don't. You have to read the reviews. What do the previous pple say? What does the description say? It might say "house in the desirable north Main street area of Ft. Lauderdale" or whatever and then come here and ask.

Also, look at the location on the map. You can see what the nearest main streets are and ask here. ( is- is the area near oak and main in Boca a safe area?)

Fyi- AFAIK, Boca is a very upscale city. I don't think there are any unsafe neighborhoods. From my very limited time in the other places fort Lauderdale, North Miami Beach are more economically diverse.

You'd be surprised about Boca - I've seen the dark side of the city and it isn't pretty.

OP, I live in Florida. You can pm me with the addresses or even just the zip codes and I'll be happy to help you. I'm living here a long time and I'm very familiar with all the different neighborhoods.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics