Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Toddler and medical trauma (spin-off )

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 7:54 pm
I was reading the other post abt child with developmental issues … someone mentioned something abt medical trauma.
Can someone explain how that can affect a child.
My baby was hospitalized for a s short while at a few months old, but it was traumatic , and then months later had some other tests done that was traumatic too. On top of the my baby is developmentally delayed but has made tremendous progress since starting ei…. I’ve been to so many doctors trying ti figure out if I’m missing something . Where do I go? I have a neurologist apt scheduled , is that a good place?

anonymrs

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 8:16 pm
I wrote that post. You can pm me.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 8:18 pm
Lots of slow, intentional, safe, pleasurful touching and moving your child helping bring awareness to the body is often what is needed.

An example of an exersize you can do. Slowly stroke hand a few seconds, Once kid is paying attention, gently pick it up and shake a bit, then take the hand a slowly push against a surface. Pick it up and shake a bit more. play with the fingers, wrist slow gently massage. Push against surface again.ect. There are no rules just the kid should be engaged, laughing, feeling safe and connecting to himself through slow general movements with different variations.

It is explained, that the child dissociated from him body due to the trauma. When movement is restricted, the brain stops initiating the movement. There a pieces missing from the puzzle. Milestones are a lot more than just sitting crawling ect.

Let me know if this type of stuff interests you I can give you more information on professionals that can help.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 8:24 pm
How do you know it was traumatic for your baby? What symptoms are you seeing?

Very often the parents are traumatized but the child is not. I'm trying to figure out how I would know if the baby is traumatized

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 8:42 pm
How do you know if it’s trauma for baby?? I am just fuessing

anonymrs

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 9:04 pm
amother Gray wrote:
Lots of slow, intentional, safe, pleasurful touching and moving your child helping bring awareness to the body is often what is needed.

An example of an exersize you can do. Slowly stroke hand a few seconds, Once kid is paying attention, gently pick it up and shake a bit, then take the hand a slowly push against a surface. Pick it up and shake a bit more. play with the fingers, wrist slow gently massage. Push against surface again.ect. There are no rules just the kid should be engaged, laughing, feeling safe and connecting to himself through slow general movements with different variations.

It is explained, that the child dissociated from him body due to the trauma. When movement is restricted, the brain stops initiating the movement. There a pieces missing from the puzzle. Milestones are a lot more than just sitting crawling ect.

Let me know if this type of stuff interests you I can give you more information on professionals that can help.

I'm interested in knowing more. Can you elaborate or pm me? Thx!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)