Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Playgroups: baltimore

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 1:12 pm
Hi, any one know of playgroups for age 2 in Baltimore that still have space for this coming year? (2023-2024 school year)

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 1:18 pm
there is a real shortage of playgroups in baltimore at the moment.
good luck. I dont know of any.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 1:47 pm
Yeah it’s something I’m realizing more and more… 😕

amother
Steel

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 1:50 pm
Unfortunately there a huge shortage of playgroups and childcare in Baltimore.
You can try Tikvah Pickett, Kehal Chasidim, Cheder Chabad, and Bais Yaakov daycare.
Not sure any of them have space, but it's a place to start. The smaller, private playgroups close beyond quickly.

justforfun87

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 1:57 pm
Someone recently posted they were looking to open a group for younger 2's next year. PM me and I can give you their number. I am not vouching for them as I do not know them.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:18 pm
justforfun87 wrote:
Someone recently posted they were looking to open a group for younger 2's next year. PM me and I can give you their number. I am not vouching for them as I do not know them.

Thank you!

amother
Celeste

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 4:39 pm
The playgroup shortage is all over. I live in Chicago and it started to get shortage-y 2 years ago, and has only gotten worse since.

amother
Steel

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 9:53 am
Part of the cause of the shortage is that 2 bigger daycare facilities closed a few years ago, a few illegal ones were caught and shut down, and a couple of people are retiring. Not many new ones have opened to fill the gaps.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 3:51 pm
amother Steel wrote:
Part of the cause of the shortage is that 2 bigger daycare facilities closed a few years ago, a few illegal ones were caught and shut down, and a couple of people are retiring. Not many new ones have opened to fill the gaps.

Got it!

amother
Tanzanite

Post Fri, Jan 13 2023, 10:36 am
I recently found out im expecting and all the newborn places are full, its really crazy, I called daycares before I even had an OB.
I'm trying to find a place that takes vouchers for my 20 month old daughter, I tried gan rutie, BYELC, and kahal chasidim all full
If I have to I will send her to a place that does not accept vouchers (we have a spot somewhere) but I plan to go back to college in september and finances will be tight, I will probably qualify for vouchers.
If you hear of a place with openings for either age feel free to post
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating