Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Leather couch- bouncy kids- Natuzzi?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 13 2023, 10:47 am
I have a “performance leather” couch aka faux leather for 5 years and it’s peeling. It’s in the playroom, I let the kids jump on it etc and even play with the cushions.
I want to start saving to replace it and I’m thinking to go with real leather this time so it doesn’t peel. What’s a company that’s durable despite kids playing on it, and perhaps even has removable cushions? Is natuzzi appropriate for this?
I would want two loveseats.

amother
Raspberry

Post Fri, Jan 13 2023, 11:54 am
My 2 cents: Don't do leather. Even the nicest leather will rip and sag look terrible if your kids are bouncing all over it. Try fabric.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Fri, Jan 13 2023, 12:01 pm
Get the nugget comfort couches instead, they last better and are fun for the kids. Granted they don’t look as good but it beats needing to replace a nice leather couch.

amother
Chestnut

Post Fri, Jan 13 2023, 12:09 pm
My natuzzi couches are 20 years old and they have seen plenty of roughousing. They are some rips and the leather is damaged in some areas, but the couches did not sag and are as comfortable as ever (we did have to replace a strap under the couch at some point but it was not a big deal).
One of my kids would always try to scribble the couch, and the only rips we have are from those times he used a ballpoint pen and digged really hard into the leather.
Totally worth the price. When I replace my couches, I will go with natuzzi again, hoping that the quality is still the same.

amother
Firethorn

Post Fri, Jan 13 2023, 1:01 pm
Natuzzi lasts 10++ years w/ kids fighting & a dog no issues .

amother
Green

Post Fri, Jan 13 2023, 1:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
I have a “performance leather” couch aka faux leather for 5 years and it’s peeling. It’s in the playroom, I let the kids jump on it etc and even play with the cushions.
I want to start saving to replace it and I’m thinking to go with real leather this time so it doesn’t peel. What’s a company that’s durable despite kids playing on it, and perhaps even has removable cushions? Is natuzzi appropriate for this?
I would want two loveseats.

Just be aware real leather peels too. I’d wait until the kids are older or else keep them from jumping and playing on them.

amother
Obsidian

Post Fri, Jan 13 2023, 2:30 pm
I have an Ashley faux leather reclining couch for 13 years. Kids jumping, one child insisted on using the couch cushions as a drum set and banged away with drumsticks. It’s still in good condition. No rips only one seat shows some wear. Reclining seats work well. Much cheaper than natuzzi. We’ve gotten many compliments on the style and comfort. I would recommend. The only problem with this company is that recently they started putting consoles on their loveseats. You either like the look or you don’t.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 13 2023, 3:23 pm
amother Obsidian wrote:
I have an Ashley faux leather reclining couch for 13 years. Kids jumping, one child insisted on using the couch cushions as a drum set and banged away with drumsticks. It’s still in good condition. No rips only one seat shows some wear. Reclining seats work well. Much cheaper than natuzzi. We’ve gotten many compliments on the style and comfort. I would recommend. The only problem with this company is that recently they started putting consoles on their loveseats. You either like the look or you don’t.

Can you link?

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics