Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Feeling secure wearing a Lace front wig, with NO band?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 12:10 pm
Im not comfortable wearing a Velcro band under lace sheitels, that most everyone wears.

When I wear my lace front wigs, I feel like its moving around, and exposing my hair.

How do I make my lace front wig, not budge?

On my non lace front wigs, the comb in the front anchors it well. The lace front wigs have the comb further back, so I feel like its slipping back in the front, even though the sheitel fits well.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 12:14 pm
You can’t. Trust me I tried. I really did. But I finally caved and wear the band like everyone else.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 12:15 pm
I have the same issue! Don’t know how you can wear it without a band.

Rebesq

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 1:30 pm
Mine had the velvet material sewn onto the top Fonteyn Sheitel so acts like a band s

mikayla18

Post Fri, Jan 13 2023, 10:11 am
I'm so happy you posted this so I could help you! I haven't worn a band in YEARS with my lace top. Really truly. The most amazing thing ever- it's called Big s-xy Hair Powder Play. You put the powder on top of your head by the front and boom! Your wig doesn't move, you can buy it on Amazon and I've heard people also use the hairspray of big s-xy hair brand but I haven't so can't confirm. I will tell you it makes your hair hard (so the shaitel doesn't move) but just shower after, not a big deal.
https://www.walgreens.com/stor.....w_wcB

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jan 13 2023, 10:50 am
mikayla18 wrote:
I'm so happy you posted this so I could help you! I haven't worn a band in YEARS with my lace top. Really truly. The most amazing thing ever- it's called Big s-xy Hair Powder Play. You put the powder on top of your head by the front and boom! Your wig doesn't move, you can buy it on Amazon and I've heard people also use the hairspray of big s-xy hair brand but I haven't so can't confirm. I will tell you it makes your hair hard (so the shaitel doesn't move) but just shower after, not a big deal.

Thanks! Somehow the idea of having to shower when I take off my sheitel, and not only shower, but wash my hair, and it may leave residue on the sheitel, makes me hesitant. I think Id rather get used to a band.

amf

Post Fri, Jan 13 2023, 11:18 am
I have a band with a lace panel in the front, so you don't see the band

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jan 13 2023, 11:27 am
Another vote for getting velvet sewn in. Or silicone.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Fri, Jan 13 2023, 2:26 pm
mikayla18 wrote:

I use this trick with a band when I know I'm going to be very active such as a wedding, those events I know I'll definitely shower afterwards so no stress.

amother
Lightpink

Post Sat, Jan 14 2023, 3:39 pm
I wear my lace front wig with no band, just clips… but it was fitted by a real pro, I don’t think I could otherwise.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels