Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Melaveh Malka Nostalgia Theme ideas

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 14 2023, 4:11 pm
Doing a little party for immediate family. Daughters & daughters in law & probably a few older girls.

Any ideas for a nostalgia theme? Food, decor, game etc?

(I thought about finding someone to do fruit decorating as Tu B'Shvat is coming up, but my kids say we can make our own fun so really not needed)

I was thinking of finding baby pix of my kids & asking DIL's moms for their baby pix. Either a game (well my kids def know each others baby pix, doubt it will be challenging for anyone) or just make place cards out of them ... But maybe hedbanz game with them?

Thanks

amother
Feverfew

Post Sat, Jan 14 2023, 5:14 pm
amother OP wrote:
Doing a little party for immediate family. Daughters & daughters in law & probably a few older girls.

Any ideas for a nostalgia theme? Food, decor, game etc?

(I thought about finding someone to do fruit decorating as Tu B'Shvat is coming up, but my kids say we can make our own fun so really not needed)

I was thinking of finding baby pix of my kids & asking DIL's moms for their baby pix. Either a game (well my kids def know each others baby pix, doubt it will be challenging for anyone) or just make place cards out of them ... But maybe hedbanz game with them?

Thanks

You can have a Caramel Apple Bar and tie that into your mishloach manos and have games like bobbing for apples-- https://www.orientaltrading.co.....D_BwE
You can also play apples to apples (make your own version if you want to personalize it to your family) -- https://www.walmart.com/ip/App.....aw.ds

That would probably cover Tu B'Shvat if you want to go with that theme. But not sure what you mean by nostalgia since its vague so you would have to be specific. You can have a 80's theme or a 90's theme or have the kids wear the same costume (would be lots of fun to match their baby pictures and take the same photo to match now and then) and give the same mishloach manos that you gave back then. We may be able to help you if you clarify what you mean by nostalgia.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 14 2023, 8:20 pm
I corrected my title because I am planning a melaveh malka for my daughters & DILS. So not up to Mishloach Manos, sorry for the vagueness : )!

They were born in the 70s, 80s and 90s so not sure which I would pick, I guess could be general old-fashioned stuff.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics