Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Bottled water or Tap Water?
Previous  1  2

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Jan 14 2023, 10:14 pm
amother DarkGreen wrote:
and plenty of poskim say there is no issue. As far as I know that includes those in YU, and that is good enough for me.

Do as you please but don't claim it's nonsense just because you weren't aware that a large percent hold you need to filter it

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sat, Jan 14 2023, 10:18 pm
amother Silver wrote:
Do as you please but don't claim it's nonsense just because you weren't aware that a large percent hold you need to filter it

Your main complaint was that it tasted disgusting.

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Jan 14 2023, 10:20 pm
amother DarkGreen wrote:
Your main complaint was that it tasted disgusting.

Yeah it does, and I posted about both, not sure why you decided which is my main complaint. This is a weird conversation. Filtering doesn't get rid of the nasty taste.

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Jan 14 2023, 10:23 pm
A good filter should change the taste...!?!..

amother
Pansy

Post Sat, Jan 14 2023, 10:24 pm
Live in Lakewood and we would never drink tap water however its getting to be a big expense and wondering if anyone has any really good suggestions for filters thatll do the same job and taste as the poland spring water?

GLUE

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 12:08 am
Live in Lakewood and laugh at everyone who buys bottled water because it's better, it's the same junk that comes out of the tap.

Unlike tap water there is little to none supervision from the government about what people can put into bottled water.

If you are looking for taste just try the old get used to it trick, as in just keep drinking it and you will get used to it.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 12:19 am
amother DarkGreen wrote:
and plenty of poskim say there is no issue. As far as I know that includes those in YU, and that is good enough for me.

Here’s star k opinion on it:
https://www.star-k.org/article.....line/
Sefaria:
https://www.sefaria.org/Contem.....ng=bi
Zero water:
https://zerowater.com/blogs/fi.....osher
NYC itself says it’s water isn’t kosher:
https://www.nycfoodpolicy.org/.....ater/
The lists go on and on. Ask a rabbi what to do while in New York.

S1959

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 12:37 am
Read this about bad tasting water
https://www.freshwatersystems......water

amother
Clover

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 5:05 am
ap wrote:
Is there anywhere tap water is OK without filtering?
Health wise..

Jerusalem.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 5:07 am
amother Pansy wrote:
Live in Lakewood and we would never drink tap water however its getting to be a big expense and wondering if anyone has any really good suggestions for filters thatll do the same job and taste as the poland spring water?

DH says Brita filter does the job and taste like Poland spring water.
I live in israel, we always filter because of taste and limescale.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 9:21 am
I live in NYC. We filter our tap water for lead, chlorine, bugs… But I grew up drinking bottled water so I still can’t get used to the taste. We have a water cooler that we use for drinking.

If you live in a very old home or neighborhood you likely have some sort of lead pipes and the lead can leech into the water. You can contact the city for water testing. They will mail you bottles to fill and you can send it back to them for testing.

amother
Jean

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 9:25 am
My whole life I drank Brooklyn water. I got married and moved to Lakewood, can not stand the water. I tried a Britta, did not like that either. I have a great filter under the sink, tastes great.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 9:32 am
A good filter produces the best water

mommy0311

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 9:32 am
I live in Lakewood I use a brita. At first didn’t love it but I got used to it. For cooking I use tap but if I was in nyc I would not because of the bug issue.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 9:41 am
I live in lakewood and only drink filtered or bottled water. I only use tap water for cooking. I don’t know anyone who drinks straight from the faucet.
My parents in ny will only use filtered water for drinking, cooking and even washing off vegetables. They won’t use a dish or pot until it’s completely dry so there are no drops left from tap water.
My filtered water is a system built in to the fridge. My parents filtered water is something connected to their faucet. They can’t use theirs on shabbos so they prepare many pitchers of water beforehand. I would be able to use in Lakewood since I’m really allowed to use tap water to begin with. Not everyone agrees with that. That’s a more machmir approach that my parents take.
I am not a big water drinker but some of my kids are. I don’t know if I would notice a taste difference between tap and filtered but my kids claim they can tell the difference easily.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen