Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Parenting while pregnant

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 12:58 pm
Since I became pregnant I'm having such a hard time staying calm and being patient with my kids.
I love them so much, but they take every last bit of energy that I never even had, and by the end of the day I just don't have the strength to be calm while my 4 year old is tantruming.

I feel like the normal, calm mother I was is replaced with someone else. I feel bad for my kids. I'm afraid I'll ruin them.

Rabbit613

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 1:02 pm
I feel the same way.
I an 5 months pregnant and I feel like a crazy person. My emotions are all over the place. I can't parent normally.

amother
Pear

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 1:06 pm
I’m with you. I feel bad but I know it’s temporary. Of course my four year old isn’t going to bed nicely and is up too late, because bedtime often falls on big siblings. But I just can’t get up the steps Can't Believe It

amother
Mimosa

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 1:14 pm
Same. Crying

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 1:29 pm
I'm pregnant now too and I can relate. This is definitely something I consider when deciding if it's the right time to try to get pregnant. I find it helpful to make sure I get consistent alone time outside the house. Not easy to make the time but really crucial.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 1:33 pm
amother Hotpink wrote:
I'm pregnant now too and I can relate. This is definitely something I consider when deciding if it's the right time to try to get pregnant. I find it helpful to make sure I get consistent alone time outside the house. Not easy to make the time but really crucial.

This.
And when I do decide the time is right, bring on the screen time and cheat style dinners.

amother
Foxglove

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 1:46 pm
The exhaustion and other things are very real.
In one of my pregnancies I hire I sweet high schooler to come over three times a week to help with baths bed time and if older kids needed homework help. It alleviates so much stress, and energy I did not have.
She was young and fir six hours a week it was very cost effective.

amother
Mimosa

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 1:50 pm
amother Honeysuckle wrote:
This.
And when I do decide the time is right, bring on the screen time and cheat style dinners.

Yes. But with all planning and cutting corners, this pregnancy is way harder then my other ones. I wasn't prepared for this...

amother
Arcticblue

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 1:53 pm
Hi hi 👋 I’m there too. I wish we had a large outdoor space for the kids to run around in and exhaust themselves. Being cooped up in a small city apartment is not helping. The kids feel my low energy and don’t listen to anything I say.

amother
Mimosa

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 2:07 pm
amother Arcticblue wrote:
Hi hi 👋 I’m there too. I wish we had a large outdoor space for the kids to run around in and exhaust themselves. Being cooped up in a small city apartment is not helping. The kids feel my low energy and don’t listen to anything I say.

My kids don't listen to me either. They take whatever they want from the pantry, and borrow stuff from neighbors... I can't do to much around the house, so minimal cooking and cleaning. One thing, I try to give my kids as much time as I can while sitting on the couch, playing games, telling stories. At least they shouldn't be emotionally neglected.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 2:10 pm
Are you me?? I was just gonna start a thread about this. I feel so guilty. I have zero energy. Sometimes I even pass out while putting the little ones to sleep and don't even give any attention ot a goodnight kiss to the older ones who aren't old (8 and 9). My husband is around with them but it's not the same.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics