Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Thank you cards

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 1:38 pm
We b”H recently celebrated the birth of our first baby after many years of waiting. I received some gifts. The people who sent gifts wrote from Leah Schwartz. Name of course is fictional. They didn’t include their husband (meaning they didn’t write from mr and Mrs…..) when I write thank you cards do I address it only to the female? Asking because when one sends invites it gets addressed to both so I’m wondering if it makes sense to address just the female?

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 1:42 pm
amother OP wrote:
We b”H recently celebrated the birth of our first baby after many years of waiting. I received some gifts. The people who sent gifts wrote from Leah Schwartz. Name of course is fictional. They didn’t include their husband (meaning they didn’t write from mr and Mrs…..) when I write thank you cards do I address it only to the female? Asking because when one sends invites it gets addressed to both so I’m wondering if it makes sense to address just the female?

What? Why would someone write a fictional name? And why do you assume it must be from a couple?
You mean you ever heard of a single giving a gift?
This whole post is weird

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 1:43 pm
I guess I wasn’t clear. I used a fictional name as an example….

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 1:44 pm
I would address to the name or names on the card. But also, unless it was a really close friend, I always sign everyone’s name on the card so I find it a little strange that they excluded their husbands

amother
OP

And when I got married people that gave gifts wrote from mr and Mrs….

amother
Blush

Yes, presumably she either isn't currently married or she gave it as a personal gift from her (for whatever reason). Yes, if that's how she signed it the proper etiquette is to address your thank you the same way.

s1

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 1:45 pm
It depends how you know them.
If it’s a relative, I’d write to Mr and Mrs.
If it’s a friend of yours and neither you nor your husband have anything to do with the husband, then just write it to her.
I think sometimes people send baby presents addressed to the mother so they sign it just from the wife.

Amaryllis- read the OP again!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 1:45 pm
amother Hyssop wrote:
I would address to the name or names on the card. But also, unless it was a really close friend, I always sign everyone’s name on the card so I find it a little strange that they excluded their husbands

Maybe because some gifts were from groups of ppl so they chose to write only their names….

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 1:47 pm
Thank you hyssop, S1 and blush
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette