Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
High level mesivta with NICE boys
Previous  1  2

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 5:05 pm
amother Aconite wrote:
I send here.
I agree. Nice, good, aidel boys.
However if the boy is very, very bright and needs to be challenged academically, it might not be for him. It's a good place but not for geniuses.

Agreed. They have a name for having the sweetest nicest kids (which starts from the top down), but also not for "alef in learning" boys. Very frum and Ehrlich, serious about yeshiva, but not for a really bright kid. I'd vote for Mesivta of Lakewood. There are all types of kids there, some not so savvy or polished, and they love it and feel welcomed.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 5:08 pm
I have grandsons in several of the places listed, so we're not totally clueless : )

Helpful ideas here, thank you all.

Very interesting that you say gerriben is Chassidish. I've only heard it used in very yeshivish circles...

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 5:16 pm
My nephew is by r Daniel Cohen and he's a very nice aidel boy.

fig

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 6:43 pm
R Meir Kaufman from Toronto opened a mesivta this year. He’s master mechanech and stresses midos and they’re gearing to smart boys. My nephew is there and my sister was considering sending her next son to Keren Hatorah but She is so thrilled with her first son so she is sending there as well

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 7:15 pm
Dingles, would you share your sister's name privately? I could post an anonymous email ... (this is actually one of the places being considered).

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 7:30 pm
amother Oxfordblue wrote:
I’m applying to mesivtas now for my son. Can I ask what you mean by this?

Its a very rigid Yeshivish place, nice boys , but they dont ooze sugar like other places

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 7:40 pm
Lakewood mesivta or Rabbi Ungarishers yeshiva. We've sent to both and were very happy. Lakewood mesivta is more intense.

amother
Dimgray

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 7:45 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:
Lakewood mesivta or Rabbi Ungarishers yeshiva. We've sent to both and were very happy. Lakewood mesivta is more intense.

I send to Ungarisher. I would say its on a very high level academically but REALLY nice boys.

amother
Dimgray

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 7:48 pm
amother Jetblack wrote:

Lakewood Mesivta more intense with strictness? Because we got the opposite impression when we were doing research. We heard Ungarisher more intense with learning.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 7:49 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:
I send to Ungarisher. I would say its on a very high level academically but REALLY nice boys.

Same and I agree!!!

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 8:32 pm
Eitz Chaim in Chicago.

amother
Sand

Post Wed, Jan 11 2023, 9:14 pm
Who is the RY of Lakewood Mesivta being referred to here?

yachnabobba

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 8:09 am
amother Sand wrote:
Who is the RY of Lakewood Mesivta being referred to here?

Bursztyn

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 1:22 pm
I can't believe I forgot about this one! Rabbi Heshy Berkowitz (and Shain) yeshiva. Very serious, smart, fine boys. Not competitive

amother
Lightpink

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 2:49 pm
amother Aquamarine wrote:
I can't believe I forgot about this one! Rabbi Heshy Berkowitz (and Shain) yeshiva. Very serious, smart, fine boys. Not competitive

Can you share more about this yeshiva please? What level is it on? Comparable to what?

We're looking into Ungarshers, do you know how that would compare?

amother
Lightpink

Post Thu, Jan 12 2023, 2:50 pm
amother Dimgray wrote:

Can you explain what level Ungarsher is on please? and in what way are the boys nicer than in other places?

Thanks!

amother
Lightpink

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 8:52 pm
Can anyone explain what Grossman's is like please? My son is mentioning that name, and I'm trying to get a feel of it...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries