Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How does she know

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 9:30 am
How in the world does my baby know where I put her down after night feeds?? Her eyes are closed. She consistently cries when put down in her crib and sleeps well next to me. How does she know???

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 9:31 am
amother OP wrote:
How in the world does my baby know where I put her down after night feeds?? Her eyes are closed. She consistently cries when put down in her crib and sleeps well next to me. How does she know???

She feels secure and cozy next to you and unsecure and not cozy in the crib. All of my kids hated the crib.

amother
Wallflower

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 9:38 am
I’m not crunchy and I’ve never ever put my baby to sleep in my bed but this is pretty basic stuff. They smell you. They feel you. It’s primal

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 10:05 am
But she is sleeping! A mattress is a mattress. Its not like she is touching me when I place her in my large bed. How does she know the difference? I guess I am amazed.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 10:08 am
She smells you.

imasinger

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 10:11 am
Our senses still operate in sleep. There were times when I was nursing that I accidentally fell asleep with Baby in my bed. I'd wake up stiff, because somehow, I knew Baby was there and I shouldn't move. But it wasn't conscious.

amother
Banana

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 10:47 am
smell! it's amazing. Nurse on top of a blanket, sleep with the blanket, so it smells like you, then put it under the crib sheet. See if that helps your baby stay asleep...

My husband says that my snoring is like a sound machine for our baby, so try adding a sound machine. And if the room is cool/cold, a small heater on low to make it cozy (but not hot).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics