Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Takeout supper in Boro Park

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 12:51 pm
I want to send a bought supper to a family with 7 children. Where can I order food that will be good in taste but reasonable in price?

amother
Lightgreen

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 1:03 pm
Reasonable is relative. I’ve bought specials at Goldbergs grocery takeout section prob cost $100 and I have 6 young children not big eaters. They have a special 2lbs of chicken nuggets with 2 lb kugel for $23 and also 5 pcs of chicken cutlets with 2 side dishes. I ordered 2 of each.
I would say normal takeout for a family of 9 is probably 150-200 just think if you buy 9 schnitzel sandwiches at $15 each with some fries plus tax.

mha3484

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 1:04 pm
I usually order pizzas when I want to buy someone a meal. I find it easier then figuring out portions at a take out store.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 1:11 pm
They've been existing on pizza for weeks now. I want to do regular fleshing food

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 1:22 pm
Gourmet Glatt has really good takeout food.
They have instore specials with 1 of those black containers being 12.99 (I think) and you can fill it with whatever you like. Meat, chicken, side etc.

Maybe call them to see if you can order that and have them deliver.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 1:29 pm
Gourmet Glatt also has specials this month for 9x13’s for between $30-50 each. Think sesame chicken is 49.99

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 1:32 pm
I called Goldberg. They have 2 lb container chicken finger with 2 side dishes for 23 dollars. They don't know about the cutlet special. Would 4 of the chicken finger containers be enough?

It sounds too little. I'm not sure how much I would need.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 1:34 pm
I was one who posted about Goldbergs but I’m thinking for same money it makes sense for you to do gourmet Glatt 9x13s more for your money.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 1:34 pm
I checked with Gourmet Glatt. It's only pickup.

They do have catering special though. They have 9x13 pans of sesame chicken, chicken lo mean for 49, bottoms and chicken fingers for 34, some side dishes. Butneed to order day in advance

Good deal though

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 1:35 pm
Anywhere else besides Goldbergs or Gourmet Glatt

mha3484

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 1:37 pm
I have 5 kids one is a pre teen boy who really eats. I treated them to take out chicken for Chanukah. I got just about 3 lbs of sweet and sour chicken it filled almost a whole 9x13 and it was just enough. I also served rice. For 7 kids you want 3-4 lbs chicken fingers.

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 1:47 pm
Deli 52
Subexpress
Upside
Dips mostly sandwiches and chicken salads for like $25 each, delicious tho

I wonder if a personal chef would work. Rochel Honig https://www.instagram.com/for_love_of_food/

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 2:05 pm
If the mom is after a baby, maybe that kimpaturin place still sells for cost price. I think it has to be ordered week before.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries