Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How long a formula bottle can stay

amother

Post Tue, Sep 27 2005, 3:42 pm
once you make a bottle, - I use prosobee - how long after can you still give it without refrigerating? my baby wakes up like at one and I make a bottle and then leave it to finish at five about when he wakes again, how long areyou supposed to leave a bottle for?
which brings me to my next q - why is my baby waking up twice a night to eat, almost a total of 8 -12 oz a night!!! how do I undo this routine????
hes only been weaned recently cuz im preg, he's less than a year still, any tips, ideas???

Post Tue, Sep 27 2005, 3:49 pm
once the baby drank from a bottle that same formula should not be used again after one hour.
the reason your baby is waking up at night is because you've gotten him used to his nighttime meal. try cutting back on the # of ounces you give him during the night and then just soothe him to sleep another way. or give water instead of formula during the night.
once you stop giving him something to eat at night, he won't wake up and expect it!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Sep 27 2005, 9:20 pm
I would imagine it can be left out an hour, maybe two. does it say on the can?
try 613's suggestions about getting him to sleep through the night...otherwise, what I did was (my son was 10 1/2 months old, waking up every 3-4 hours, I was also expecting)....let him cry it out. Sad it works, though.

shoy18

Post Wed, Sep 28 2005, 10:14 am
I wouldnt leave the bottle out for more than 2 hours especially if the baby drank from it already. Heres an idea fill a few bottles with water and buy one of the those formula dividers and that way you can make a fresh bottle in the middle of the night and you wont have to go to the kitchen. if your baby needs a warm bottle fill the bottles with boiling water and wrap in a town so by the time the baby needs it it wil be just right.

Tovah

Post Mon, Oct 17 2005, 8:57 am
isomil which is also soy says not to leave out more than 3 hrs. why not call the company?

BlumaG

Post Thu, Oct 20 2005, 4:37 am
prosobee says not to leave out for more than an hr and thats wat I try ot do, if the baby is unintrested I will put it in the fridge
but I dont listen when they say not to give hte child the same bottle after htey drank from it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics