Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Desperate! How to get baby discharged from NICU
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:17 pm
Who can help me get my baby out of the NICU at Maimonidies??? They are making problems about baby saturation levels. It's just not working properly because of movement that happens with kangaroo care and the sensors being attached to an actual human being that moves. Only get clear-ish reading when baby is swaddled. I was told we could go home today but now they are pulling this BS. I need help and I need help now. I called Chaim Medical and tgey are on it. Could use more resources. Cannot spend an extra second here.

amother
Apple

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:19 pm
If your pediatrician is on board sign out AMA

amother
Glitter

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:24 pm
Get your pedi involved

amother
Pear

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:26 pm
amother Apple wrote:

No such thing as signing a child out ama.

(Hospital social worker at another hospital here)

out-of-towner

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:26 pm
amother Apple wrote:

Not sure if signing baby out AMA is a good idea because it's possible that may be grounds for the hospital to call CPS.

But do call your pediatrician ASAP and see what they can do for you.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:29 pm
How are you so sure that your baby is safe to come home? I know that a NICU stay is so so hard and yuu must be physically and mentally exhausted, but do you really want to sign.an AMA, stating that you understand that the medical team feels it is unsafe for your baby to go home and that you assume ALL responsibility for.anything that goes wrong after discharge?
Also, being that you want to sign an AmA for a child, they might get acs/cps involved if they feel ypu are putting the baby's health in danger.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:31 pm
Ask your pediatrician
Hugs and hatzlocha

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:32 pm
Hospitals aren't usually anxious to keep babies longer than necessary. And if the only issue is a malfunctioning o2 sat they have other ways of evaluating a baby to make sure they're safe for discharge.

How old is the baby? How long have they been in the NICU? Did you speak to the hospitalist? I agree with speaking to your pediatrician but they will likely defer to the hospital staff unless they've evaluated the baby themselves

amother
Gladiolus

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:33 pm
amother Currant wrote:
Hospitals aren't usually anxious to keep babies longer than necessary. And if the only issue is a malfunctioning o2 sat they have other ways of evaluating a baby to make sure they're safe for discharge.

How old is the baby? How long have they been in the NICU? Did you speak to the hospitalist? I agree with speaking to your pediatrician but they will likely defer to the hospital staff unless they've evaluated the baby themselves

amother
Seablue

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:34 pm
Can you get discharged to a different hospital

amother
DarkOrange

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:34 pm
The only way is to sit there 24/7
They will either ignore you more cuz they know your taking care so the desats won’t get recorded
Or the will get nervous and send you out

I had my twins in the nicu for 3/4 months

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jan 16 2023, 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:35 pm
Isn't there a Jewish liason who can help out?

I know someone who had such a situation in Good Sam. She was already discharged. Her husband walked in without her and stood there saying, I will not leave until you sign out my baby. If you don't let me take my baby (also they had promised to let him out that day), I will sue you. He's a big guy and I guess they took him seriously because after a few hours the baby was discharged.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:36 pm
amother Currant wrote:

In such a situation, her pediatriican should absolutely be coming down to the hospital to evaluate the baby him/herself. I know my ped would do that.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:37 pm
amother Currant wrote:

They do try and keep you as long as your insurance will pay for it

My twins were in the nicu for 4 months
After fighting to get them out I requested all medical records and saw they we’re planning on keeping them an additional 2 months had I not said anything

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jan 16 2023, 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

bnm

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:51 pm
tell them you want 2 different pulse ox on the baby to ensure the results are right.

amother
Bone

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 3:58 pm
For sure reach out to your pediatrician first and see if they are willing to step in.

amother
Bellflower

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 4:00 pm
Chayim Medical is amazing. Hope they can do something today.

Also: problem is today is a holiday and all the admin offices are closed but tom physically go to PR dept and find a frum liason to help you.

And where is your own ped?

Mazal tov! and bhatzlacha.

tweety1

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 4:08 pm
Chaim medical is great. I heard a woman first hand how they guided her what to say exactly and what to make sure not to say. I think one of the things was to demand medical records for transfer purposes. This wasn't in Maimonides. I forgot which one.

Sebastian

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 4:21 pm
Her baby is in maimonedes. They are incompetent liars ime. Call your ped and get your baby out asap. I wouldnt trust them with a cat

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 4:22 pm
Sebastian wrote:
Her baby is in maimonedes. They are incompetent liars ime. Call your ped and get your baby out asap. I wouldnt trust them with a cat

This. Though their NICU is good, Maimonadies can give you hell when it comes to discharging babies or transferring to a different hospital. We literally had to steal out like theives in middle of the night to transfer.
Page 1 of 9   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics